Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped at a random Walmart in Central Florida and figured I would check out the ammo case. They had Federal .223 in a box of 100 for $22.88. I bought the only two boxes they had. Going to check another Walmart in Orlando later tonight.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Wow that's a good deal. Was it brass?

·
Super Moderator
40,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reactions: TonyC2639

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
This is why a lot of reloaders aren't bothering with 223 at the moment. Just wait though, the day is coming when we have scares and runs on ammo again.
Yea agreed. I have a ton of brass and pills but I keep buying the cheap stuff. Too busy loading 300 BO which is NOT cheap to buy.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
My Wally World has it for $29.88, still a good deal but I can reload for 12-14 a hundred.
If it was $22.88 here I would be buying it.

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Stopped at a random Walmart in Central Florida and figured I would check out the ammo case. They had Federal .223 in a box of 100 for $22.88. I bought the only two boxes they had. Going to check another Walmart in Orlando later tonight.
That's about four dollars cheaper than I paid, for the very same thing, at one of our local gun stores last week.

·
Administrator
18,192 Posts
This is why a lot of reloaders aren't bothering with 223 at the moment. Just wait though, the day is coming when we have scares and runs on ammo again.
Very True! With all of the surplus M855 going for cheap, I've bought a couple of 1000 round cases to have on hand. I picked up a 1000 round case of Federal Lake City M193 that was also on sale, very reasonable.
Won't NEED to reload it for awhile.

I would still load specialty hunting rounds of .223, if needed.

·
Registered
15,156 Posts
I loaded up maybe 150 .223's just to dial in my various loads with different powders, etc. Now that I've got data, the brass is cleaned, decapped and stored in high tech some weather no known solvent containers previously used for Folgers black silk (the big cans too). When you can get pricing under 30 bucks/hundred, it just makes sense to buy that and shoot factory loads. It works out cheaper than loading 100 rounds twice (or at least it's pretty close)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts