Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi eveyone. I was at Walmart tonight, and they happened to have 4 boxes of Federal 115gr fmj rn (9mm) on the shelf. I have a PT 111 Millennium Pro,am new to pistols, and was wanting some feedback on that type of ammo. (I bought 3 boxes 'cause that is all they wold sell me)

Anyone have any experience with it? Problems? Advice?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Federal is a major manufacturer...ammo should work well for you.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Wow, you are lucky. I would buy that in a heartbeat. I can't even find any ammo at any of my local walmarts.

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
I've been forced to pay a higher price for PPU FMJ's because my Walmart just can't keep Federal on the shelf.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
Federal works fine for pistols.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Great find! Federal is my favorite ammo to put thru my 809C, and I can't ever find it .. Well, not that I can find ANY at my Wal-Mart right now, but you know what I'm saying...:D

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Great find! Around here the only ammo available is shotgun birdshot....:(

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Yes, you stumbled onto a good find.
My 709 & 809 both eat the Federal hard ball stuff just fine.

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
Overall, you won't find a better ammo than Federal. Some as good, and some specialized ammo might have an edge, but for all around good ammo, Federal is, in my opinion, the best.

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
Good find! The Federal runs great in all my Taurus semi-auto hanguns - .380, 9MM, and .45. The Federal value packs at Wal-Mart with 100 rounds are the best price you will find. Wal-Mart sells 20% of the ammo in the US and they are having a hard time keeping it in stock. They just recently started limiting purchases to 3 boxes.

·
Registered
29,957 Posts
Federal makes outstanding ammo.

Lots of agencies use it in my neck of the woods.

Never had a problem with it, would recommend it to anyone.
:thumb:

·
Registered
36,775 Posts
Its fine ammo!
A few pistols will show a dislike for certain ammunitions but typically a FMJ R/N should work in about any semi auto.
Federal is a major manufacture and so should be just fine!
actually I have a PT24/7 C , a model 99, a beretta PX4 SC, and a stoger cougar in 9MM and honestky they all run on everything from 92 grain through 147 grain ammo without a hitch, unless you have one of the picky weapons out there then you should be good to go.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Federal ammo will do just fine. If you happen to fall on it again do not hesitate to buy it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts