Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,235 Posts
The reason they even try to "legally" buy firearms, is because they know that federal law doesn't apply to them. What they see is local municipalities ignoring immigration laws so they believe gun shops and big box stores can also ignore federal gun laws.

What you wanna bet some legal eagle somewhere is working on getting the immigration status/citizenship questions removed from the 4473.

·
Registered
12,468 Posts
How could an illegal who doesn't have valid ID or SS # even start a NICS check?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
From the article:

"The National Instant Criminal Background Check System said that it rejected 7,836,600 planned purchases from “illegal/unlawful alien” as of 2018."

I read this, and the first question I want to ask is -- where are the follow-up stats for how many were prosecuted?

·
Registered
32,163 Posts
Ahhhhhh, now I understand why the left wants illegals, offer them sanctuary cities, and are willing to sacrifice some of their own citizens to have them as guests. They are recruiting them as their left wing army, and allowing them to be armed. When sufficient strength is accomplished, they will march eastward to conquer middle America.

Build the wall, and put it up to the Canadian Border to also go along the West Coast States east Boundary lines.

·
Premium Member
3,396 Posts
Of the 1919 applicants who were denied because they are fugitives of Justice, how many were then arrested? It seems to me that if they just told them all they were approved and then watch the gun shops where they tried to buy the guns they could arrest all of them when they showed up! Maybe I'm just being too naive but it seems to me that would work.

Don

·
Registered
24,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Of the 1919 applicants who were denied because they are fugitives of Justice, how many were then arrested? It seems to me that if they just told them all they were approved and then watch the gun shops where they tried to buy the guns they could arrest all of them when they showed up! Maybe I'm just being too naive but it seems to me that would work.

Don
Like free pro football tickets

·
Registered
3,913 Posts

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Gee, in that case maybe the President could sell the wall funding to Pelosi and Schumer as an anti gun measure. If they can't get into the country they can't fill out a 4473 and can't get a gun :sarcasm:
I always thought that that was the stupidest question on the 4473 (12c), but apparently it works.

I guess big government does know what's best for me after all. :D

Reactions: 230JHP

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
That would probably be because we have a record number of illegal aliens...
Thank you very much all you open-border, sanctuary-city jerks.

·
Super Moderator
20,013 Posts

Don
Seems like the law could use that. For anyone who answers that question (a fugitive at large or has DVO against them) the sales person should sit down and go through with the NICS phone call. But, at the same time, alert the police via a silent alarm when you sit down at the phone. Even if they elect to not prosecute the other cases (since they answered honestly to the DVO or even the Dishonorable Discharge) if they honestly answer that they are a fugitive at large they can be taken in.

It really bugs me that this country has decided to not enforce nor closely monitor 4473 based crimes. It wouldn’t hurt to try to push for a 20-30% indictment/conviction rate. If for no other reason than to prove to naysayers that the rules on the book actually work if you enforce them.

·
Registered
24,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Seems like the law could use that. For anyone who answers that question (a fugitive at large or has DVO against them) the sales person should sit down and go through with the NICS phone call. But, at the same time, alert the police via a silent alarm when you sit down at the phone. Even if they elect to not prosecute the other cases (since they answered honestly to the DVO or even the Dishonorable Discharge) if they honestly answer that they are a fugitive at large they can be taken in.

It really bugs me that this country has decided to not enforce nor closely monitor 4473 based crimes. It wouldn’t hurt to try to push for a 20-30% indictment/conviction rate. If for no other reason than to prove to naysayers that the rules on the book actually work if you enforce them.
This is exactly what pro gun owners should be rallying for. The 4473 exists and it's not going anywhere, so why not, as gun owners, make the authorities enforce it?
It'd throw the anti's off their game.

·
Premium Member
5,190 Posts
From the article:

"The National Instant Criminal Background Check System said that it rejected 7,836,600 planned purchases from “illegal/unlawful alien” as of 2018."

I read this, and the first question I want to ask is -- where are the follow-up stats for how many were prosecuted?
This sounds fishy to me. We supposedly have 11 million illegal aliens in this country. They're saying that 70% of them tried to buy a gun? That sounds flaky.

·
Premium Member
5,190 Posts
This is exactly what pro gun owners should be rallying for. The 4473 exists and it's not going anywhere, so why not, as gun owners, make the authorities enforce it?
It'd throw the anti's off their game.
If I were going to "rally" I'd "rally" to eliminate the stupid paperwork in the first place. We the People never granted our new federal government the authority to meddle in our purchases of firearms. It is also ridiculous that private business owners are charged with enforcing federal laws that the federal government isn't even interested in. As a free man, I should be able to walk in to my favorite store, put my money down on the counter, and walk out with a gun. Simple, painless, and nobody gets hurt.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
This sounds fishy to me. We supposedly have 11 million illegal aliens in this country. They're saying that 70% of them tried to buy a gun? That sounds flaky.
An article that said 70% tried to buy a gun in one year would sound fishy, even if one tried to rationalize that many probably tried more than once.

Sometimes it helps to break down what's in the original article, which is why I quoted from it.

It was written '. . . as of 2018." That means the total up to and including 2018. It also says 'That number has been increasing in recent years.' and '. . . some 3,300 were denied in 2017' -- further underscoring that the number is based on more than one year.

Reactions: rollin thunder
1 - 20 of 33 Posts