Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a good fax number for Taurus. I have tried sending a fax to the number listed on the website but it doesn't answer.

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
What is this in regards to? If you like you can PM me. I will look and see if your's matches the one we have.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm trying to find a replacement barrel for my PT145. Since I heated it up to get the jammed bullet out and it changed colors (stainless to blueish stainless) I'm not very confident in it. The fax number I was trying was 1-305-624-1126 so that I could have them contact me with price/availability, etc.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Closed on Saturday and Sunday... By the way, I'm getting email notification now so you can disregard my other post in the Website section.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have no idea. Yesterday I deleted most of the subscriptions that I had. Is there a limit on that?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I talked with Customer Service today and was just going to buy a new barrel for the PT145 ($77) but the rep asked what happened with the barrel. I explained that a bullet became lodged, she said to send it in to them, attention Customer Service, and they would replace it under warranty. I shipped it off FedEx tonight so we'll see what they do. I explained in the notes sent along with the barrel, that I had used a propane torch to melt the lead to clear the barrel and the discoloration isn't what concerned me as much as possible safety issues. Someone had suggested that there was no way, with a propane torch, that I could have changed the temper of the metal, but I would rather be safe than sorry.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes I am! It remains to be seen though whether or not the warranty will cover me taking a torch to the barrel. :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Believe me they have replaced a lot of things that are worse. Some of the haters sent there guns in after grinding the mags, sanding the feedramp, and I know of one instance where someone used a hammer to dissasemble because they didn't know you had to dry fire.

They go above and beyond. They replaced the screw that I stripped out.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, I'll be switched!!! Taurus received my barrel on Monday the 2nd or April and today, via FedEx I received a brand new barrel for my PT145. That's it, no other handguns but Taurus for me!!! Well, maybe just one or two, maybe three... ;D ;D ;D

You can't beat it! My own mistake, squib load, and they still replaced the part. Now, the only problem is the serial number on the barrel doesn't match the gun, but...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts