Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everyone's favorite holsters for the PT145? I recently got a Crossbreed Supertuck holster, but am still breaking it in. I was wondering what other people were using and if any particular brand stands out with the large number of PT145's that people are listing as their primary carry piece.

·
Registered
18 Posts
When I had my PT-145, I found that it fit most of the stuff made for my G26.
With the gun, having just been introduced, there was absolutely nothing in the way of leather made for it!!!
The gun disintegrated in less than a month, so there was no need for me to go on a holster hunt!!
So much for the PT-145!!

·
Premium Member
785 Posts

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
I'm strongly considering that High Noon holster with the cant. It will be my first carry holster/gun so at a reasonable price I think it would be right up my alley.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I had one of the High Noon Holsters, but not for a PT145. For the gun I bought it for, it worked very well. I was impressed with the quality. I am looking into a holster from Fist holsters. They list the PT145 as one of the models they carry.

I am a big fan of OWB holsters, such as a pancake or belt holster. The ones they make look like they ride pretty close and should work well.

Todd

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all! Some great ideas I probably wouldn't have noticed or considered otherwise!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I carry my PT-145 Pro in a Don Hume 721 O.T. it rides high and close to the body which helps with concealment. I had to do the Wal-Mart plastic bag trick for a couple of days when I first got it because it fit so tight but have used it for 6 months now and am extremely satisifed with it.

·
32,481 Posts
902.... Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here. Jumping right in from the start? Good. Have a bit of dyslexia so am not going to try and type in your whole user name. It would lilely come out gibberish. My 3rd favorite language. ;) ;D :D ::)

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
I just placed an order last night. :) High Noon Split Decision. It should be here by the end of the week I hope.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I use a Bianchi Pro 100 Size 10A, for my PT145. It's an IWB, but excellent leather workmanship and about $40.

·
Registered
34 Posts
does anyone know if blackhawk has a CQC serpa holster for the PT145PRO? im looking for either that or a good open top leather paddle holster. so far in the OT leather paddle in thinking to go with the don hume 720 OT...anyone know of something similar in an affordable price (<$60)? i prefer molded leather or a nice looking kydex similar to the blackhawk CQC, im not really into fobus or unclemikes for kydex paddle holsters. i do wanna jazz up the lil hand cannon when in the OWB carry method.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Kalis-Pugilist

When I got my PT140MilPro and my PT111MilPro, I contacted Blackhawk Industries and unfortunately they did not make any CQC Serpa hosters for the PT Millenium Series. I ended up buying a Fobus paddle holster instead. :(

·
Registered
625 Posts
I just ordered a Fobus holster for the PT145. In time, I will probably buy a nice leather holster. This one will do until then... Probably I'll by a Fist or High Noon holster. I like paddle holsters and belt holsters more than IWB.

Todd

·
Registered
32 Posts
I used to tease my wife about the number of pairs of shoes and purses in the closet, and then ... :eek:
I began buying holsters, trying to find the one that fit best for the piece I was carrying and my attire. ;D
Now, I have a collection of holsters that didn't work for me. :-[
Hope y'all find your best holster quickly.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i got impatient looking for a leather paddle holster that's just like what i want. everyone is out of stock and has them on back order. i ended up getting a fobus holster from gandermountain and im actually pleased with it. the model number is the SP11B for compact guns.

it appears that fobus has updated their holsters from a few years ago when i first purchased one. this one has some red colored xtra cushion that's on the paddle, a deeper paddle split, a tad bit sleeker, and also seems a bit more sturdy as well.

i am able to push the mag. release button while holstered, so topping off is pretty easy. this takes a little gettin used to because the PT145 has a left side only mag release button. i may actually to do the switch and make it a right side mag release. has anyone done it successfully with this gun yet?

i only have one minor complaint, which is that you cant rub you finger accross the LCI on the PT145 to see if your "hot" while the gun is on your hip ???. with my XD i can do that with all my holsters and its a nice feature to be able to check your status without drawing your weapon. it kinda makes having the LCI useless for the way that im used to using it.

all in all, im pretty please with it...and its not as ugly a hoster as i would think. but i still want a leather one too... ;)

1 - 20 of 83 Posts