Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to add a Tcp to my carry pistol rotation of my G26 and Kahr cm 9. For the intended use (back up, occasional extra discreet carry) the price,features and size match my needs.

My question is... I am also looking to add a larger bore sub/subcompact. The favorites from the Taurus line are (in no particular order) 24/7 g2, 800 series compact and the millennium pro. Im not really a fan of the 740 but would still consider it.

Do you have any experience with these or recommendations?

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Can't go wrong with a PT145...IMO that is...

·
Registered
9,191 Posts
PT-945 all day, every day for me.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
I have owned a PT145 for 3 years and love it more every time I shoot it. I dont have a 24/7 G2 but my 1st gen 24/7 C is my next favorite. Both have been extremely reliable and accurate.

·
Registered
236 Posts
If your looking for a CCW then theres no question about it, the PT145 is the best there is. If your looking for a service size gun then PT845 or 945 would be my choices. If your after a competition gun or just want a full-size gun, you can't beat the OSS45. I have the PT145 and OSS45. I am personally torn between the 945 and 845. I love my PT92 and I think the 945 would be a great addition to the stable, and it would last long enough to be handed down to a great grand child.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
My 1st favorite is the PT145, my next favorite is the 24/7 C .45. I also want a G2 C .45 as I like the 24/7 C's very much. I am patiently waiting to see if the G2's have any serious problems because they're still very new.

·
Administrator
40,095 Posts
That's a tough one for me. My PT145 and PT1911 are my favorites. I'm not sure I can choose between the two.

·
Registered
202 Posts
My PT99 is one of my all time favorites. I think I have had it for 20 years. The feel of the wood grips, the weight, the balance, reliability and the double stacked 15 round capacity. Lately, I'm warming up to my newly acquired stainless PT945. The Bull makes some beautiful stuff.

·
Registered
515 Posts
My PT940. Love my PT 1911B 9MM; but this gun is more accurate. Keep thinking of selling it but then I shoot it & end up putting it away again!

Reactions: Flinger

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Easy, my PT1911!

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I love my PT99 but for CCW then I have to opt for my 24/T G2 for now. But as I can afford it my stable will be expanding and I will have to try out a PT145.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
For concealed carry, I'd say a PT140 or PT145.

For a sublime range pistol, I'd recommend the PT92...or the PT1911.

But my all-around favorite Taurus handgun, of the ones I've owned, is my PT92 Combat.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
WOW... My Favorite Taurus Auto was the one that I rented when I was on a business trip! :D
Except for the time they provided me with a Z-3 WoooHooo!!! :)

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I used to own a PT100, so can heartily recommend that, but having handled and experienced the trigger of the PT140, I can certainly recommend that model as well.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
I own three Taurus pistols. The PT-92 is still my favorite. I don't use it as an E.D.C. My PT-111 Mil is much better for E,D.C. and balances more naturally for a quick, short-range presentation. I figure short range to be less than 30 feet.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
I would have to say my PT 1911, although I do like my G2 in 45 too.

·
Registered
29,933 Posts
The .45 ACP PT145 Millennium Pro.

A lot of power in a reliable, accurate, compact, light weight package with a 10+1 capacity.

It's the most fun you can have with your clothes on! ;)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks gents, I was looking for a carry gun so the metal framed ones would be out. I have small hands so the trigger reach is a bit of an issue. I find my g26 a hair to big around, but I would still like double stack capacity.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts