Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
My main everyday carry handgun is the Taurus PT740 Slim in a Blackhawk belt holster.

It rides nice and high and hugs in close to my side, and conceals very nicely under an untucked, slightly oversized shirt.

However, it seems that my Taurus M605 .357 Magnum matte stainless revolver and it's Blackhawk holster finds it's way onto my carry belt quite often here lately. :cool:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Love my XDsc in the winter in my UBG Bonneville..... but think since i found my remora and star IMG_0685.JPG ted carrying my 740 Slim, just about everthing else will find the dust in the safe.... IMG_0685.JPG

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
I've got a box full of holsters, and have carried many different firearms over the years. I know for sure that I like Don Hume holsters and have quite a few. My two favorites are their JIT for OWB, and their PCCH for IWB. The last few months I've been carrying my Glock 19 in a PCCH.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well, I'm just starting my CCDW odyssey (waiting on the Commonwealth the send me paperwork), but at home I'm carrying my LC9 in a crossbreed minituck. I'm looking for what I want to do with my PT-111 MilPro as an alternate carry.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well, I'm just starting my CCDW odyssey (waiting on the Commonwealth the send me paperwork), but at home I'm carrying my LC9 in a crossbreed minituck. I'm looking for what I want to do with my PT-111 MilPro as an alternate carry.
You can do the same as you do with your LC9. I use a Crossbreed style holster for my PT111 and it conceals extremely well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
That's been a plan, but I'm not sure I like the wider gun IWB. I think OWB would be more comfortable, but most holsters I've seen/tried carry too low to hide under a tshirt.

·
Registered
29,918 Posts
Don't know too many ole farts that don't have a closet full of shoe boxes full of holsters but...

The two most used are an OWB Galco pancake and an IWB Uncle Mike's #6.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Carry either with a Sof-Tuck IWB or an El Paso Saddlery Summer Cruiser IWB. Not everyone can carry an IWB (many don't like the feeling), but it does bury the pistol under a loose-fitting shirt.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Right now I am using an 'el cheapo' Uncle Mikes IWB with my 740 but looking into a Truss Holster from Specgear.com. Got a pretty good spare tire around my mid section and I am thinking the truss holster might be good for me.

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
Right now its mostly a tcp in a desantis nemesis pocket holster since I am too damn fat to wear my pt145 in my kholster. If I want a little extra punch and depending on dress requirements, I will carry my model 327 snub in an owb holster. When I drop this 30+ pounds, then the IWB carry will resume.

·
Registered
32 Posts
For winter carry I have a full size S&W M&P .45acp in a crossbreed supertuck...for summer and light clothes I have a PT745 with either a don hume, theis or high noon IWB or a blackhawk slide OWB...depends on what I am wearing...
I am more used to my M&P with over 3000 rounds through it, but once I get the same out of the PT745 it might be my only carry gun.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Kahr P9,IWB Bianchi or Cross Breed SuperTuck
Taurus 605 revolver, Galco IWB
PT 1911, Galco IWB (Winter Carry)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's been a plan, but I'm not sure I like the wider gun IWB. I think OWB would be more comfortable, but most holsters I've seen/tried carry too low to hide under a tshirt.
Try a pancake style holster. they are hard to beat for OWB carry

·
Registered
212 Posts
I use the KHolster trimmed to my gun

·
Registered
250 Posts
After thirty years of handguns, I've thirty years of holsters. But since I've started carrying the PT145, the Don Hume JIT is my favorite. I did order a Desantis soft-tuck today for iwb carry.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
My avatar. MOB

1 - 20 of 29 Posts