Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm holster shopping....I've been carrying my 24/7 G2 "mexican" style (so I've read that's what holsterless carry is called) for about two weeks and want to give holster carry a try. I wear fairly well-fitted jeans so I'd like to find a really low-profile holster to keep my hand-cannon warm. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I've heard great things about the Raven Concealment Systems ACR

ACR Holster

Lead time is long, but every review I've read, raves about this product, I don't know if they make 'em for the 24/7 though.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have one? It seems like it wouldn't feel much different from carrying without a holster at all....I'm mostly looking for something to soften the sharp edges that are digging into my belly!

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
24/7 is listed in the choices, at $100.
Does not say if compact or full size.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
I've got three High Noon holsters, and the one I use for appendix carry is my straight drop High Noon Mister Softy low-ride. I generally only carry my Kahr CM9 in an appendix carry, although my PT145 isn't too bad that way. High Noon holsters are pretty reasonably priced - about $29 for the Mister Softy. They're made out of pretty thin leather - which I like because it keeps the overall width down. The only gripe I've got about the Mister Softy is it's 'level' all the way around the top (if that makes sense) so unless you wear a t-shirt between the holster and you, the butt of the pistol will be against your skin. They're pretty tight when you first get them and require a little break in, but after they loosen up they work great. Good holster for not too much green.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm fine with the butt being up against me....just don't like the end of the slide getting me as much as it does. Thanks for the tip...hadn't heard of those before.

·
Premium Member
16,956 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
All those options look nice.

Wow does that lay-dee in the photo look ticked 'er what???;):p

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
All those options look nice.

Wow does that lay-dee in the photo look ticked 'er what???;):p
She was giving that "You better not..." stares on her face, like someone is off camera with a bucket of water.

·
Registered
11 Posts
@ Taylorman, I have one on order, but it's for my Ruger LC9 which I carry up front (appendix) in the summer or if I'm wearing something a little more fitted (like a t-shirt or a sweater). In the winter, or if I'm wearing a button down or a couple of layers, I carry my G2c45 at 4 o'clock in a Desantis Sof-tuck (the one made for the XDm 3.8). I too wear my jeans "fitted" (meaning: I have not changed my wardrobe a bit since I started carrying) and feel very comfortable with both of these options.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Desantis is showing their holsters for the XD 9/40 3" barrell but I'm not seeing anything for the XDm....I like the adjustability of their stuff. I'm thinking I'll give those a try.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Confederado: I think you showed me exactly what I've been looking for! Full backing....low-profile....under $50!
I went with the professional model, more than $50.00 though. I dont know how securely the other two will keep the gun from riding up and out of the holster. Plus the professional allows the gun to be reholstered with one hand.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm not a big kydex fan...I think the original model will be fine for me. My gun doesn't move at all without a holster unless I try to adjust it....I think it'll be fine in their standard holster.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts