·
Registered
27,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
MadKaw.

You've got the avatar for this. Eat mor chikin !! Can you sky-dive into stadiums?

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Well that means I'll die with a scarred brain! Repeat after meat, fat means flavor!

Sarge

·
Super Moderator
17,621 Posts
I only liked it because I'm on a low fat diet, trying to get down to a svelte 210.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I'm fresh outa the hospital. I'm lookin' for fattenin' food. Yum, beefsteak.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Fatty foods cause brain scarring, study shows | SmartPlanet

I don't expect many likes on this thread...
Nor do I expect it to last as long as the White Castle thread.

But I feel obligated to point out that chicken is lower in fat than beef.
Being retired and living on a fixed income, the state & DC taking more and more in taxes we have been eaten' a
lot of wild game these days to streach the 'ol budget. So anyway how does 'possem an squirrls fit in there?

Hunter 2.gif

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I only liked it because I'm on a low fat diet, trying to get down to a svelte 210.
Good luck, this article probably means I will be mumbling soon. last year my doctor put me on a reduced carb diet which means I am on a high fat / high protein diet in order to reverse my Type 2 diabetes. It has worked and as a result I have lost almost 70 pounds.

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
I love fatty foods, they actually have a taste to them. I wish my Grandma was still alive, she used to make the best pies with lard in the crust. I've already expressed my love chicken, so I won't speak on that again. And there's nothing quite like a steak hoagie (sub, torpedo, etc.) That's so bad for you that the grease has made the paper wrapping and paper bag become translucent. Mmmmm..... i'm hungry all over again now. I need to go get my pay check.

Reactions: Slakev

·
Registered
27,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MadKaw.

You've got the avatar for this. Eat mor chikin !! Can you sky-dive into stadiums?
I used to -- but I quit when my jump master showed up at the airport in a full body cast. I figured if he had taught me everything he knew - I still didn't know enough. :D

·
Registered
27,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Being retired and living on a fixed income, the state & DC taking more and more in taxes we have been eaten' a
lot of wild game these days to streach the 'ol budget. So anyway how does 'possem an squirrls fit in there?
Very low fat - except maybe in the fall (during hunting season), but even then most of the fat is subcutaneous and removed when skinning.
Fresh game is very good for you (or at least for me - my cardiologist has given me an unlimited approval for eating game).

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
The less fat for me the better. I have a sever case of acid reflux disease. Also got rid of alcohol and caffeine and starting to work out at a gym. Acid reflux can lead to severe complications and even the c word if not brought under control as much as possible. That being said what do I care what other people eat? Health and well being is a personal issue.

·
Super Moderator
17,621 Posts
Good luck, this article probably means I will be mumbling soon. last year my doctor put me on a reduced carb diet which means I am on a high fat / high protein diet in order to reverse my Type 2 diabetes. It has worked and as a result I have lost almost 70 pounds.
Down 15# in two weeks. It's not really a low fat diet I guess. I'm not really an educated dieter. I just do what my wife tells me. More like your diet, but ZERO carbs, only non-fat dairy, eggs, fish, lean meats. Vegetables every other day. At least there's no calorie restriction. Sucks, but tolerable. I sure would like a couple of shots of Don Julio and a Dos Equis.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Down 15# in two weeks. It's not really a low fat diet I guess. I'm not really an educated dieter. I just do what my wife tells me. More like your diet, but ZERO carbs, only non-fat dairy, eggs, fish, lean meats. Vegetables every other day. At least there's no calorie restriction. Sucks, but tolerable. I sure would like a couple of shots of Don Julio and a Dos Equis.
It will get easier, by is pretty much zero carbs for 12 days and then I eat "regular" for 2 days. My taste has changed and now things like beans and potatoes actually taste kind of sweet to me. If you would like a copy of the plan I use please private message me and I will give it to you. Mine al;so does not have a calorie limit it just states what I can and can not eat.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I've been telling my wife that my problem isn't Alzheimer's!

Reactions: MadKaw

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I bought some fresh fish fillets and a beef roast today, my brain kept saying eat fish, eat fish all day but I went with the pot roast. I'm an incurable meat and potatoes person.

·
Registered
29,861 Posts
Not worried about "Fatty Foods", cell phone radiation, UFO's...or Big Foot.

"Eat right, stay fit, and die anyway"...one might as well enjoy the ride...and the food along the way. ;)

·
Administrator
39,475 Posts
My little old mother, always told me I should eat some fat. It keeps your innards clean. So, I do! :thumb:

Reactions: whodog
1 - 20 of 23 Posts