Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Killed , dead, good! I have enough info!

Reactions: bobbojama

·
Registered
19,504 Posts
Must be a new manager at the Department of Natural Selection...:mellow:...seems they've really been on the ball lately.

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
Note to other would be carjackers, you may get into car on your own but the coroner will help you out! ;)

Note to parents, stop leaving your car running with kids in it unattended! How many stories do we have to hear about leaving car with kids getting taken? Turn it off!

·
Super Moderator
40,649 Posts
Note to other would be carjackers, you may get into car on your own but the coroner will help you out! ;)

Note to parents, stop leaving your car running with kids in it unattended! How many stories do we have to hear about leaving car with kids getting taken? Turn it off!
I agree 100%. If you feel the need to leave the car for a few seconds running carry an extra key and lock the doors with the spare key. Don't think you should really do that but better than leaving it running and wide open.

Reactions: NotSo and 230JHP

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
The last time I left my kids unattended in the car, they took it to the liquor store......

.....they're 24.

·
23,058 Posts
I agree 100%. If you feel the need to leave the car for a few seconds running carry an extra key and lock the doors with the spare key.
Or get a Ford with keypad entry.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,396 Posts
I found it interesting they ended the article with a statement that he had a concealed weapons permit.

Is it somehow supposed to sway opinion that if people have a permit, they are more likely to kill someone or, are they just stating facts? The fact that you even need permission from the government to carry a tool to defend your five year old daughter is just plain sickening.

·
Registered
17,496 Posts
I agree 100%. If you feel the need to leave the car for a few seconds running carry an extra key and lock the doors with the spare key. Don't think you should really do that but better than leaving it running and wide open.
I can tell you from experience that in some states like Colorado it is against the law to leave your vehicle running while it is unattended, even with the doors locked, unless it is attended by an adult. I needed to run a quick in-and-out drop off at the post office on a cold day in the Denver suburb of Littleton, left my car running, locked the door because I had a spare key, and when I came back a couple minutes later, there was a cop standing there who was more than ready and willing to explain it to me.

·
Super Moderator
40,649 Posts
I can tell you from experience that in some states like Colorado it is against the law to leave your vehicle running while it is unattended, even with the doors locked, unless it is attended by an adult. I needed to run a quick in-and-out drop off at the post office on a cold day in the Denver suburb of Littleton, left my car running, locked the door because I had a spare key, and when I came back a couple minutes later, there was a cop standing there who was more than ready and willing to explain it to me.
I looked into this once, found it hard to research, saw some states had 5 minute rules and some states had zero tolerance for it. Had a State Trooper tell me it was illegal in Florida. I know I looked into it but don't recall. I never leave my car running so it does not affect me.

Edit, Florida makes it easy to look things up wish all states were this easy:

316.1975 Unattended motor vehicle.—(1) A person driving or in charge of any motor vehicle may not permit it to stand unattended without first stopping the engine, locking the ignition, and removing the key. A vehicle may not be permitted to stand unattended upon any perceptible grade without stopping the engine and effectively setting the brake thereon and turning the front wheels to the curb or side of the street. A violation of this section is a noncriminal traffic infraction, punishable as a nonmoving violation as provided in chapter 318.
(2) This section does not apply to the operator of:(a) An authorized emergency vehicle while in the performance of official duties and the vehicle is equipped with an activated antitheft device that prohibits the vehicle from being driven;
(b) A licensed delivery truck or other delivery vehicle while making deliveries; or
(c) A solid waste or recovered materials collection vehicle while collecting such items.

History.—s. 1, ch. 71-135; s. 1, ch. 76-31; ss. 3, 148, ch. 99-248; s. 103, ch. 2002-20; s. 2, ch. 2002-23.
Note.—Former s. 316.097.

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Glad the dad isn't being charged with murder. However, he sure as heck should be charged with child endangerment.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts