Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some aunts and uncle in town this weekend so we had a little range time

My 709
My Ruger P95
Dads P95
Uncles Taurus 357 revolver
Uncles 9mm (cheap old gun, flawless though)
Uncles Ruger LCP
Uncles SD40
My 22 rifle

Me,dad,my uncle and my 9yr old
Had a great time with all the guns, I really like that little LCP :) didn't like the trigger on the SD40.

I think my son shot the most rounds, and shot every gun except the 40. He was having a hard time with the trigger pull. He's a stout little guy and can shoot my P95 in double action, but couldn't get the trigger to break on the SD40? Is the heavy trigger normal on the S&W??

Y'all shoulda seen his face light up on the 357mag, that's kids gonna need a good job (and early in life) cause I can't afford keep him in enough guns to satisfy his love/obsession of firearms :)

Followed up the range with a few more aunts/uncle's, a brother and a cousin showing up for the cookout of pork chops, sausage, potato salad, beans and some homemade ice cream. In that mix was a few cold beers around the horseshoe pit and alot of stories/lies and general BS.

We had 6 ppl on the range and 18 at the cookout.
Wish we could all get together more often, one of the uncle's I havnt seen in probably 5 yrs.
It was a good day with good memories made.

·
Registered
25,027 Posts
I can only think that my invite must have gotten lost in the mail. FUN FUN FUN.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I think my son shot the most rounds, and shot every gun except the 40. He was having a hard time with the trigger pull. He's a stout little guy and can shoot my P95 in double action, but couldn't get the trigger to break on the SD40? Is the heavy trigger normal on the S&W??
It's normal for the entry level s&w like the SD and sigma. The m&ps have a much better trigger. The Sd/sigma usually come from the factory 10-12 lb pull

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can only think that my invite must have gotten lost in the mail. FUN FUN FUN.

Hmmm I was sure I sent you one :) and here I was thinking "WOW kruizer didn't show up" :) :)

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Nice little family reunion

jhp

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ya know it's funny, I have several aunts/uncle's, cousins here in town and never see them. Don't care to.(We all know the type)
My favorite aunts, Uncles and cousins are scattered around the country and rarely get too see them. As sad as it we grew up as a close family. Entire family camping trips, then we had the "guys only" fishing trop. No one under 16 was allowed. We didn't get out of hand, nothing other than a few too many beers and colorful language. I remember I couldn't wait till I was 16. Then that one uncle brought the 12yr old. Next year others brought theirs too. It soon turned into a free for all and fizzled out.
I guess everyone got too busy living their lives to ever stop and actually enjoy life.
I'd love to start the tradition again but with today's busy world it impossible to get everyone together for a day much less a long weekend.

·
Super Moderator
27,199 Posts
Time with family you haven't seen in a while is great! Thanks for sharing this.
Regarding the post about lotsa guns to clean.....
Family bringing in guns is like family bring in grand kid and nephews.....when they get dirty of annoying....send them back home.

Reactions: Paul81

·
Super Moderator
40,725 Posts
Sounds like a good time.

Reactions: Paul81
1 - 13 of 13 Posts