Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had two problems with my PT1911 first with my boy shooting it failed to fire several times. Primer showed a light strike. I thought it was his grip till it happened to me! Second was failure to feed in which it appears that the slide was locked open by the bullets not an empty mag. This happened with both factory mags and a Wilson Combat. FMJ's and Golden Sabers. Any one have any ideas?

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
One quick note is to check the stiffness of the wrists during shooting. A .45 ACP is a stout load and even experienced shooters can allow a "limp wrist" to cause the gun to jam... actually allowing the gun to move faster than the ejected shell and catch the hull in the chamber. Just a thought!

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I have had a couple of light strikes with mine. I gave it a good cleaning and it seems to have taken care of the problem. Make sure your firing pin and firing pin canal are really clean.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I had failures to feed with my reloads (primer wasn't seated deep enough), but no such probmems after I fixed the primer issue. Looks like you're shooting factory ammo but I'd check the primers just in case...

I also menaged to get a FTF once when I fired the gun with a very light two handed grip...

Check the chamber ramp; it should be smooth and polished.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Ditto on the cleanliness. The only failure to feed in either of my Pt1911's was due to a bad batch of Blazer Brass factory ammo that was not crimped correctly. I measured with digital caliper and it exceeded SAMI standards by .006. I have not had any other failures

1 - 5 of 5 Posts