Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, I was digging thru our gun safe to try to find my handguns that had magically disappeared into DH's side of the safe! Amongst my finds was my Taurus PT938C that Magnum Gage encourage me to get. Well, the other night I took it part and put it all back together, all by myself, to get familiar with it again, and I dug up some extra magazines that I had gotten and packed up my range bag and off we went this morning to the indoor before coming into work. Boy, did I have a great time!

I had forgotten how nicely the 938 fit my hand. Even tho' it is a compact piece with a shorter grip frame, my hands are stubby enough that I can hold it "normally" - and I don't even need 2 index fingers to shoot it like many of my other pistols (I don't need two fingers for my new to me PT99 either! ;)) The sights are nice and big for my age weary eyes, the trigger is super crisp and being a 380 there's very little recoil at all and it's easy peasy to keep on target! It's stainless so it's nice and shiny and appeals to the girl-ishness in me!! I love these all metal pistols!!

The only thing that I would like is a grip extension. Every once in a while the bottom edge of my pinky would get pinched between the mag and the frame, but after a while it didn't happen at all. Maybe I just got used to holding it! I have no targets to show - there wasn't much left by the time I was finished with them. I shot it at 25ft; guess next time I should try 50 ft. I see me shooting LOTS of 380 in the near future here! By the way, this pistol was made in 1998.

Please excuse the dirtiness of my pistol - we just got back from the range after all,and I won't get a chance to clean it until I gt home after work tonight - or better yet - I like to clean guns in the morning when I'm wide awake and I won't need DH's help on this one at all!

Taurus PT938C.jpg

·
Registered
24,610 Posts
You surely do like shiny guns don't you.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
She is a beauty and looks just like mine! I'm glad you enjoy it! Thanks for the report!

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
That gun has style! It looks like a mini version of a SS PT92 with a straight grip on it. :)

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That gun has style! It looks like a mini version of a SS PT92 with a straight grip on it. :)
'that's kinda' what it is - in a nutshell, LJ!!

·
Super Moderator
40,514 Posts
She is a beauty. I may have to keep my eye out for one.

Reactions: Sekol

·
22,304 Posts
Those are such cool 380s. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
That is awesome! I'd like to get a "bigger" .380 someday, preferably double stack.

·
Registered
36,319 Posts
You surely do like shiny guns don't you.
Shes a female!
of course she does!
I go shopping with the wife and every store front we pass its, ooohh shiny, gleaming, sparkly me want me want!!
hell she opens a chewing gum package and keeps the tin foil wrapper and throws the gum away!---------------:bang:

·
Registered
36,319 Posts
The larger steel frame 380's are just so different from the micro pistols!
I am always pleasantly surprised when I break out one of the bersa and take it to the range, almost like shooting a 22.
enjoy , nice weapon.

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How many rounds do the extended mags hold? I'm tickled pink with 10 rnds of 380 in the standard mags!

Actually, I can't buy mags of greater capacity then 10 in the crabby state of Maryland, but I am allowed to own them and can purchase them outside of the state of Maryland. So in reality, the laws are punishing firearmss retailers, what's that all about? We are definitely too close to DC!

And dayvedayve - that is a very pretty blued version you've got! Thanks for posting the picture! :)

Reactions: leejack

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Those 10 round mag rules offer no benefit whatsoever, other than giving the commie politicians a feeling of misguided satisfaction.

I would venture to say that those rules have never saved an innocent life, anywhere. All they do is restrict the firepower that a good guy (or woman) has to protect himself/herself from a bad guy.

·
Registered
36,319 Posts

·
Administrator
17,818 Posts
Congratulations on shooting your PT938 and am glad that you are enjoying it! :cool:

I wonder if the Pearce "Pinky" extension baseplates for the PT709 Magazines or some other Taurus Pistol might fit, or be fitted, to your PT938 Magazines.

My PT709 Slim with the Pearce "Pinky" extension magazine baseplates

1 - 20 of 44 Posts