Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there is a fake EOtech 553 on Ebay, The seller warns that he can not validate the trademark on the product in the thread, then adds in twice after somebody bids that it is fake and if they continue to bid there will be no refunds.

Eotech 553 military grade reflex sight | eBay

Do you think this guy is an asshole or do you think the people not paying attention to the auction and still bidding are getting whats coming to them?

·
10,379 Posts
I dunno, looks like he took it off auction. I really don't see any malice in his auction. He gave anyone who had already bid a chance to back out of the auction...and states in no uncertain terms the item was not in fact a true EOTech item, twice. I would assume anyone who continues bidding at that point has to know the possible issue with it.

Now his shipping fee on the other hand...I hate it when people pull chit like that...sight weighs what? 13oz or so? Gonna cost hims $1 to ship that thing through the mail, maybe $5 through UPS/FedEx/DHL, but he was chargin' $15...I don't mind a reasonable handling fee, but, jeez I don't really consider $10-$14 reasonable...then again I'm a cheap bastid.

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
Aren't there plenty of clones out there for aimpoints and eotechs? I don't know if those are marked as eotech or not, but I have seen plenty of posts with people using them on their rifles. Now I don't know what those clones might go for, but at least this guy was being honest about it not being authentic.

·
Administrator
39,367 Posts
And then there are those people, that aren't interested in getting a bargain. They just want to beat everyone else in the auction.

·
10,379 Posts
And then there are those people, that aren't interested in getting a bargain. They just want to beat everyone else in the auction.
Very true, went to a gun auction a year or so ago. There was a group of about 6 guys who decided they were gonna take *everything* home with them...no matter the cost.

These people paid $500 for a HiPoint .45 that had been fired before, no box with one mag. You can buy these firearms all day long for $150 here, they coulda gotten the whole HiPoint pistol caliber series for what they paid for one firearm. They paid over a grand for a Savage .308 bolt action. Apparently they just had to show everyone that they were going to win the auction no matter what it took. They consistently paid double-triple of what each firearm was worth, just so others at the auction couldn't get anything.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Very true, went to a gun auction a year or so ago. There was a group of about 6 guys who decided they were gonna take *everything* home with them...no matter the cost.

These people paid $500 for a HiPoint .45 that had been fired before, no box with one mag. You can buy these firearms all day long for $150 here, they coulda gotten the whole HiPoint pistol caliber series for what they paid for one firearm. They paid over a grand for a Savage .308 bolt action. Apparently they just had to show everyone that they were going to win the auction no matter what it took. They consistently paid double-triple of what each firearm was worth, just so others at the auction couldn't get anything.

I've not bought but a couple of items off the Ebay auctions, but I have monitored them quite a bit on select items that I was interested in, and I do believe you are right!

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
i don't see anything wrong with it he warned everybody it was a fake. another thing that gave it away were the 2 big screws in the side, unless eotech has a new model i have never seen one with big screws in the side like that one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts