Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my first fail today in my 3rd gen pt-111 I bought new 2 months ago. Primer end of cartridge got under the slide. I took my ccw class today and hung around after the shoot for some range time. I was pretty disappointed, I had that feeling similar to back in High School when you find out your girlfriend had sex with more people than she told you, not really angry, but upset. lol. Another time the mag came loose while shooting, I may have hit the release and I'm hoping this is what happened when it failed to feed. Luckily this didn't happen on the line while 40 people watched and the instructor was shouting at everyone on the line. I got 20 of 20 shots within the inner portion of the silhouette (only 11 required to pass at 7yrds). 2 people failed!?!?!

I passed the 500 round mark today and decided it was time to take the mags apart for cleaning and pull the firing pin out and clean that part of the slide.
I found out today the firing pin is pretty crappy. I expected a much higher quality part. There were casting flaws and rough spots, nothing that would prohibit operation though. But it did have some horizontal lines (perpendicular to the operation) and the slide had a few more horizontal lines too.

I was really worried about taking the mags apart, but once i figured the first one out i did the second pretty fast.

Later
Joe

·
Registered
17 Posts
good job on CCW class let us know how the next trip to the range goes. I'm trying to decide between a pt111 and a XDSC...how does the pt111 handle and does it group well?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I couldn't really give you any good advice since this is my first handgun. Other than the sights I really like it though.

·
Registered
174 Posts
i have been working out the feel of a new pt140, and have noticed my grouping when compared to my 24/7 are close, but the extra inch of barrel does make a difference, i can get the same groupings 5 yards further back w/ the 4" barrel. my wife after familiarizing herself w/ the pt140 did about a 4" grouping at 15yds, it definately showed me up. she is worried about not qualifying when she takes her ccw class, i told her she may very well be the best shot in the class if she repeats that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts