Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This had better not be an indicator on how my "relationship" with my new PT145 is going to go.

Weather was beautiful yesterday monring so I figured I'd go break on my new PT145. Got up early to give it a thourough cleaning. Was following the disassembly to the tee. After the takedown pin was removed, I releassed the release lever, and pulled the trigger as I gently let the slide go forward. It got about a 1/16" past normal position and locked up tighter than Fort Knox. So, we'll see what Taurus CS has to say tomorrow morning.

So, after finally giving up on it, I ran 300 rounds through my S&W 10 mm.

·
Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014
13,540 Posts
Before sending it to Taurus, I'd play with it a bit: recycle the slide if you can. If the trigger is locked back, push it forward.
I've had similar problems with my PT111 on several occasions: seems to be a mark of the breed.

·
Registered
29,846 Posts
"Gently letting the slide go forward" was the mistake.

Let it slam forward, pull the trigger then pull the slide forward off the frame.

When new it takes a bit of muscle to get the slide off.

Go to Youtube and type in PT145 disassembly; there should be several videos on it or it's PT111 brother.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
"Gently letting the slide go forward" was the mistake.
I think that's been the root of the problem on the last several of these incidences that we've been reading about.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is jammed solid. I didn't try pushing the trigger forward. I will try that before I call Taurus and see if I can get it to go either way.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great news. While talking to the CS lday, I tried and was able to get the slide off. I had to let the slide come as far forward as I could. Then, I pulled the trigger and it came off. If I pulled the trigger while letting the slide come forward after the removal of the take down pin, it locked solid.

Thanks everyone!! I plan on giving it a thorough cleaning and then start running some rounds through it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts