Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. New to the forums. I have owned a Taurus CT9G2 for several months and like many others I am frustrated with the lack of a decent capacity magazine. I was originally looking for some additional factory 10 round magazines (rare as hens teeth, I've had an order in with Taurus for over 90 days) and decided to try some creative search terms on Google, and lo and behold I stumble across this:

Magazine 30-RD Rilfe CT9G2 | Taurus | Waffen Ferkinghoff
This is obviously a German website, and I have no idea how creative someone would have to get in order to get their hands on one (or ten) of these magazines, but I thought I'd share in case anyone is planning on a trip to Europe in the near future.

Any thoughts or ideas on the importation process I'm all ears.

Taurusct930rd.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just go straight to the source in Brazil. Simple.

Taurus won't do it, and has discontinued the CT-9 in the US.

Some fraudsters on here will claim insider info that the BATFE made Taurus pinky-swear never to import the mags when they blessed off on CT-9 importation. This is a flat-out-lie.

There is nothing different about importing MP5 mags from POF, MKE, or anywhere else on the planet than there is about importing CT-9 mags... anyone can do it.

(Now someone should go do it.)

·
Super Moderator
40,588 Posts
Just under $90.00 each, OUCH!

Reactions: mingaa

·
Super Moderator
40,588 Posts
Hello all. New to the forums. I have owned a Taurus CT9G2 for several months and like many others I am frustrated with the lack of a decent capacity magazine. I was originally looking for some additional factory 10 round magazines (rare as hens teeth, I've had an order in with Taurus for over 90 days) and decided to try some creative search terms on Google, and lo and behold I stumble across this:

Magazine 30-RD Rilfe CT9G2 | Taurus | Waffen Ferkinghoff
This is obviously a German website, and I have no idea how creative someone would have to get in order to get their hands on one (or ten) of these magazines, but I thought I'd share in case anyone is planning on a trip to Europe in the near future.

Any thoughts or ideas on the importation process I'm all ears.

View attachment 194858
For around $170 US dollars they will ship one to you. 80 Euro for magazine, 60 Euro fee to send to US, plus shipping costs. I figure close to $170.00 depending on how they ship it with today's currency conversion rate.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For around $170 US dollars they will ship one to you. 80 Euro for magazine, 60 Euro fee to send to US, plus shipping costs. I figure close to $170.00 depending on how they ship it with today's currency conversion rate.
If I was sure it wouldn't get held in Customs I'd seriously consider it. I've probably hacked up $100 worth of magazines trying to get one that works perfectly. By the time I get there $170 might seem like a steal!

·
Super Moderator
40,588 Posts
If I was sure it wouldn't get held in Customs I'd seriously consider it. I've probably hacked up $100 worth of magazines trying to get one that works perfectly. By the time I get there $170 might seem like a steal!
1 magazine valued under $100 does not need ATF approval or Customs clearance from what I understand. Value is of goods not shipping and fees. Shipment over $100 is a whole other deal.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Even when the CT9 was still being offered, I'd rather pay a little more and have a Beretta CX4 (hey, it rhymes)

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
They've worked for me. I can cycle about 20 rounds thru these mags with no jams.
Welcome to the forum!

Mmmmm - most shooters are not going to accept a 25 round mag that can cycle 'about' 20 rounds as a functioning mag.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You can modify the factory CT magazines easy to higher capacity. There are indentations on either side of the magized limiting capacity. Take a dremel and remove them. You'll have oval holes on either side of the magazine when you're done but they will now hold 16 rounds of 9mm and function perfectly with zero issues. I've not modified a CT40 magazine but I've seen pictures of them. The indentations are lower on the magazine being .40 rounds are larger and the CT9 and CT40 mags are exactly the same size. My best guess modifying a CT40 mag would result in a 14 round magazine once modified. All you need is a dremel and 15 mins of your time per magazine.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've tried a few aftermarket magazines in my CT9. They all have issues and none of them were designed just for the CT9. They are designed for other firearms and modified to work with the CT9, and they work poorly to just okay at best. Okay for range time but I wouldn't trust my life to one. Modifying the stock magazines is by far the best option on the CT9 and the only option on the CT40. 16 and 14 rounds (100% on the CT9 and best guess on the CT40) isn't exactly high capacity but it beats 10, and more importantly, they work perfectly. $170 for one magazine? A cheap dremel costs $40 and you'll find it useful for more than just modifying your stock CT magazines. Now if I could just find more Taurus factory CT magazines easily but they are very hard to come across at any price.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Oh, yea! Thank me! LOL! I shouldn't have said anything but to mail me your stock mags and for $50 each I could convert them from 10 to 16 rounds for you. LOL! Now go buy a dremel and get to work! You'll be very happy with the results of your own labor and keeping your hard earned money for something else, I promise.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I forgot to state what should be obvious. Take the magazine apart before takeing a drill and dremel to it. I drilled 2 small pilot holes at the top and bottom of the indentation to start, then a cone shaped grinder to finish the job. I did pretty much wear out my grinder bit doing the pair of magazines.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Make that 17 rounds. I ran 300 rounds today through the CT9, and now that the mag springs are fully broke in, the modified 9mm magazines are holding 17 rounds no problem. I would now guess the CT40 mags will hold 15 modified. The same capacity as full sized 24/7 and 800 series magazines.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Drilling the follower stop and cutting the floor plate latch loop will get you 17rds capacity on the ct40 mags.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Not sure if I want to cut the floor plate latch loop in the CT9 mags I have. Seems I might get 18 or 19 rounds in one if I did. Any thoughts?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts