Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Old f150 about to retire. 205000. Will cost more for repairs that it’s worth. Put an alternator on today. Hopefully will sell soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I'm thankfull that my Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins has not needed anything but regular maintenance and batteries, brakes. And that blamed heater blend door.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
35,081 Posts
My AC needs attention, but other than that......I put an alterator in it not long ago. It's beat up a bit, but don't burn a drop of oil and runs great. Never really cared for Fords, but it's 4x4 and was 3K. It's showing 125K currently.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
I bought a brand new Ford F-100 back when it was a full size pickup in 72 for $2,600 and change, that was money well spent.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
My '93 F-150 4X4 has 213K. Bought it in 2001 with 60K. She has been a real go getter! Same engine (302) and auto tranny with no rebuilds. Had some brake work done a couple of months ago: new rears and master cylinder. Came back to me with the master cyl leaking fluid where the brake line attaches to the proportioning valve. I usually do my own brake jobs but all this occurred at the time I was having hernia surgery. Been back to the mechanic several times to fix the leak. I haven't checked it since I picked it up last Friday. I'll give it a few more days then I'll run my hand underneath the master cyl and hopefully it won't be wet.

·
Registered
368 Posts
My 2003 F150 was at 298,000 miles when it got rear-ended on the highway. Insurance deemed it a total loss and paid me $5000. Otherwise, I'd still be driving it. I bought a 2012 Nissan Titan to replace it. I hope it goes as long and as well as my old Ford.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Old f150 about to retire. 205000. Will cost more for repairs that it’s worth. Put an alternator on today. Hopefully will sell soon.
If you're planning to replace it, prepare for sticker shock.

·
22,317 Posts
My grandfather drove Ford trucks, my dad now has a Ford truck after years of GM vehicles, and he loves it, and I've had more Fords than any other brand. Sedans, SUVs, a wagon... They just work. I remember when my town was evacuated for a couple of weeks due to a forest fire. We got a letter out of the blue from Ford saying we could take a couple of months off our payments if we needed to, they'd just tack them on the end of the term with no penalties. That's taking care of your customers.

We recently got a 2018 F150 King Ranch. 4x4, four door, 5.0, and it gets 20-23 mpg. While massaging your back. Love it. Just a fantastic vehicle. Hope we have it for 200,000 miles.

·
Super Moderator
35,081 Posts
Best truck I've ever owned was a Toyota. It was an 4x4, 1982 model. Small truck, of course; Toyota has a San Antonio Texas assembly plant.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I had an F150 1983 It was a two wheel drive long bed straight 6 manual transmission last I saw it had 396000 miles on it. It smokes a bit and the muffler rusted out but my nephew fully intends on wearing it out. Haven't seen my nephew for a year now. He called me to visit for a few, told me truck is getting a new seat and a muffler.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
35,081 Posts
Those old 300 CID straight sixes were beasts. :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here in Northeastern PA they rust away before you can wear them out. Got rid of a 2013 GMC Sierra in the fall of 2019 because it was beginning to fall apart.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I have a 2004 Heritage F-150,everybody want to know if I want to sell it, not yet only has 135,576 miles on it. Burn's a little oil, but I love the truck..

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Yes. My neighbor is selling me her deceased husbands truck for 1000. It’s 1800 to fix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That sounds like a plan!

I had a 94 Ranger that I kept empty just for running around and picking stuff up. Saved me driving my 150 which is FULL of my tools.

Long time customer was about to be moved into assisted living about 3 years ago. She had a 99 Sable that was always in the garage with 56K on it.

My Ranger was now disabled and needed another engine, or a rebuild. Was not worth it. Lady was looking to get $2K for the car. I wasn't interested as I needed another small pickup, but I told her daughter that as a last resort, I would give her $1600. ....... We had a 2002 Sable in the past. One of the best cars we've ever had.

Anyway, we settled on $1700. ...... It's not the small pickup I wanted, but it does all of my 'running around' stuff and still only has 68K on it and looks good. So far have only had to put two tires on it.

Most importantly, it has a cassette tape player. :LOL:

BTW, my 150 has 207K on it.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Those old 300 CID straight sixes were beasts. :D
Yep! I had a 1986 with the towing 4 speed and dual gas tanks. First gear was so low you couldn't get all the way across an intersection before you had to shift. But you could tow a house and not even know it was there! That was one of my favorite vehicles I ever owned.

·
Super Moderator
17,717 Posts
Here in Northeastern PA they rust away before you can wear them out. Got rid of a 2013 GMC Sierra in the fall of 2019 because it was beginning to fall apart.
I think the Ford trucks are all aluminum bodies now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts