Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to buy an extra hammer part for a M94? possibly have a gun smith cut it flush like the new 380 revolver for CCW style so it doesn't snag? I seen this on SP 101's also. I can't find the link for the extra parts though.

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that link!, no I wouldn't cut mine off now. I need it for SA shooting long range, thats why I want an extra hammer for one range and other ccw. :)

·
32,481 Posts
I would not do anything to the hammer as the mass is needed for making sure there is enough energy to set off the primer.

.22lrf ammo needs a healthy whack to do that reliably.

On a revolver draw slip the thumb of the over the hammer completely. This acts as a hammer shround and makes sure nothing gets caught by the hammer as the gun comes out of the holster.

I use this method for all my revolvers. Especially for the snub revolvers. It takes some practice with an empty revolver, but becomes second nature after a while.

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
I can't speak for the 94 and the sensitivity or rimfire ammo being fired with or without a hammer spur, but the hammer spur is very, very light. I still have my cut off hammer spur and it feels lighter than a fired 20 grain Aguila Colibri bullet I have here. Lead vs. steel.

If I only had a digital scale to know the true weight of the spur, I'd post it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts