Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Many died in the wool 1911 owners only have faith in good 7 rd mags. Personally, I've never had any problems with MecGar 8 rd mags. Many companies are now offering 8 rd mags. The Taurus comes with two good 8rd mags.

Beyond 8rd, the mag will protrude from the frame. But you can also buy good 10rd and 11rd mags.

Beyond that, the 15rd and 20rd are impractical (except for fun) and in my opinion the quality becomes iffy.

·
Registered
48 Posts
paulrabe78 said:
I haven't had any problems with the 3 I got. Why do you not like them?
The one I have refuses to release without physically pulling it out of the magazine well. Same thing in three different 1911's. To its credit, it does seem to feed fine.

There are just too many other quality magazine manufacturers to settle for anything less.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I've got 2 of the 10 rnd McCormic mags and they work fine. The one thing I've learned from this site is that you'll want to polish your feed ramp some more to enhance feeding reliability. Plus keep your mags clean.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.