Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here in Texas, it is against the law to purposefully expose your firearm unless you have a need to use it. However, there is no law against showing off your accessories. The concept of concealed carry, of course, is that you don't want to show others that you are packing. There are varuious reasons for this, but probably the most important is to not make others uncomfortable and also not to let a potential BG target you first in a holdup.

However, since the weather has turned hot here in Texas finally, I am carrying my Smith 642 in a pocket holster more and more. I also like to carry a speedloader in a deSantis speedloader hoster. If I tuck in my shirt, the speedloader is exposed. How do you guys feel about having your "accessories" exposed? I keep the speedloader case right next to the cell phone so it is not obvious, but if a person were cognizent enough to look, they could easily see it.

Thoughts?

Todd

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I prefer to keep it all concealed. A criminal with more than 2 brain cells could figure out that if the person is carrying a spare mag on their belt there its almost certain that there's a gun there as well. With a speedloader case on the belt the criminal might need more than 4 brain cells. (The reference to number of brain cells is from the military)

Me, I just toss the speedloader in my other pocket along with a speed strip.

Steelheart

·
Registered
34 Posts
If they had more than 2 braincells they wouldn't be criminals. Most robberies net less than $250, which if you get caught will land you a few months in jail. If they'd used their supposed two braincells, they would have picked up a job application in the store rather than trying to rob it, and probably gotten the job at any convenience store, where they'd make $250 every week...

humm... work 1 week, spend 3 months in jail.... 250 bucks either way, 2 braincells should suffice.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I would conceal it so as to not draw any unnecessary attention to yourself.

·
Administrator
40,171 Posts
No point in advertizing in any fashion or form. Keep it out of sight. :angel:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Go to Wally World - in the camera section. There are a ton of small cases made for tiny digital cameras... work great for speed loaders without being too obvious.

Howard

·
Registered
33 Posts
I personally prefer not to expose anything, including my back-up knife, if I can avoid it. Even if it's 118 degrees in the shade, I'll conceal unless I determine there are "no eyes".

g19erusa

·
Registered
123 Posts
AZ_Ref said:
I currently have a full size 24/7 pro. After I get my CCW, I'm planning on cc a smaller 45 and OC my 24/7.
I cc my 24/7 pro .45 all the time IWB. I'm a large guy with a fair amount of dunlap-itis and no buttox so weight on my belt at the 3oclock or later positions can drag my pants down. Smartcarry just doesn't appeal to me, but a good holster at 2oclock and a good belt is a nice thing indeed.

I have a Milt Sparks custom holster on order. should be here around Xmas.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts