Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have limited experience with stricter fire guns. I am however considering a Taurus 24/7 in 45. If I am not mistaken it is a striker fired but has a decocker. How does this work? Do you have to re-rack the slide to cock it again?

For that matter how does a da/sa trigger work on a striker fired gun?

One last thing, does the 24/7 have a "safe trigger" like the glocks and xds?

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
What the de-cocker does is to decock the firearm after the firearm has been cocked, much like slowly releasing the firing hammer on traditional guns. As with many firearms some people are uncomfortable carrying a firearm that is cocked. On my 24/7 G2 the DA/SA actions as follows: I do not have to re-rack the slide to be ready to fire, on the first shot the trigger has a longer harder pull that "cocks" the striker. After firing the gun converts to SA mode and subsequent pulls are no quite as long or hard. Upon completion of shooting you can either leave the striker cocked which the makes the next shot SA or you can use the de-cocker and make the next shot DA.

My 24/7 G2 does have a trigger safety like the glocks and XDs that mus be satisfied before allowing the firearm to fire.

I hope this helps and answers your question.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It does thanks. I guess I was unclear on a striker being cocked. I was under the impression the the slide moving back is what cocked the striker

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also what is the DA and SA lbs pull rating on the 24/7 triggers. Are they different for the different calibers

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Also what is the DA and SA lbs pull rating on the 24/7 triggers. Are they different for the different calibers
I am not sure what the pull ratings are, someone else may be along shortly that can answer this question. Additionally all I have handled is the 40 and do not know if the different calibers are different.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
It does thanks. I guess I was unclear on a striker being cocked. I was under the impression the the slide moving back is what cocked the striker
No just racking the slide does not cock the striker on the G2. In order to cock it by racking the slide you must keep the trigger pulled when doing this and the GUN MUST BE EMPTY or you risk having a negligent discharge. When firing the slide will operate faster than you can release the trigger and this is how it cocks the striker after each shot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.