Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't even fired the first shot and I'm already exhausted from researching, mostly here at taurusarmed, compatibility of aftermarket sights ("night" sights and fiber optic) and holsters. I'll be ordering a Theis, but I think I also want an OWB leather rig. Yeah, I know about the Itacs and other similar paddle holsters, but I have a Fobus for my 709 and I've NEVER used it. The big boys of leather holsters (Hume, Bianchi, Desantis) don't seem to have anything or anything that appeals, so if anyone has a "Theis-type" vendor for leather I'd love to check them out.

As for sights, I expect this to be a primary home defense piece and I'd like to set it up properly, but I'm not up for trial and error and I'm hoping for something that can easily be added without any filing. Has anyone found any sights that install that easy? Since the 800's come with Novaks I started there, but don't think I saw anything that I'm confident will fit that easy.

Mods, sorry if I'm rehashing topics that have been beaten into the archives, but most of what I found in my searches really didn't answer my question and most sight-realted material seemed to involve either a lot of uncertainty or more filing than I'm interested in.

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I haven't even fired the first shot and I'm already exhausted from researching, mostly here at taurusarmed, compatibility of aftermarket sights ("night" sights and fiber optic) and holsters. I'll be ordering a Theis, but I think I also want an OWB leather rig. Yeah, I know about the Itacs and other similar paddle holsters, but I have a Fobus for my 709 and I've NEVER used it. The big boys of leather holsters (Hume, Bianchi, Desantis) don't seem to have anything or anything that appeals, so if anyone has a "Theis-type" vendor for leather I'd love to check them out.

As for sights, I expect this to be a primary home defense piece and I'd like to set it up properly, but I'm not up for trial and error and I'm hoping for something that can easily be added without any filing. Has anyone found any sights that install that easy? Since the 800's come with Novaks I started there, but don't think I saw anything that I'm confident will fit that easy.

Mods, sorry if I'm rehashing topics that have been beaten into the archives, but most of what I found in my searches really didn't answer my question and most sight-realted material seemed to involve either a lot of uncertainty or more filing than I'm interested in.

Thanks everyone!

Holsters are a touch and go sort of deal. So far items made for the 24/7 are working well with the PT800 series. I personally don't believe there is a leather holster that is made for that model of gun just yet. The closest ive come to finding what you are after is Galco's cop holsters for a PT24/7 and SigSauer 226, but that's a $70.00 gamble I wasn't willing to take. The Blackhawk Serpa made for the 24/7 is confirmed to work with the 800 series , so that's where I would start for an OWB holster.

·
Registered
102 Posts
According to Novak the night sites are a direct fit for the 800 series. I posted the email somewhere around here I thought.

Adam

·
Registered
773 Posts
look at american holster company they make great holsters, however price is high but so is quality.

·
Registered
145 Posts
For a leather OWB you might look at Tandy Leather, they now offer some kits for auto style pistols. There are quite a few leatherworkers that build holsters for specific pistols. (leatherworker.net)

With that said, I built my own for my 809. My first holster.

·
Registered
102 Posts
According to Novak the night sites are a direct fit for the 800 series. I posted the email somewhere around here I thought.

Adam
The Novak 24/7 OSS sites to be specific.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanx for that I have a 845 and am also looking into new sights. I don't think there's any problems with my current sights but it is nice to know one has options.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts