Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everybody who owns one seems to love the term. I was just wondering where it originated?

I was hoping to trace it back to Sarah Brady, or better yet Hillary. Any of the anti-gunners actually.

I would like to find out that the quote came from an anti-gunner, since it has become so popular with the rest of us.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I built my first one in 1983. It was when I wanted something to compete in Practical Rifle events.

Maloy

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
From my understanding it is sarcasm from firearm enthusiasts against the anti-gun crowd. Since it's a military platform and the anti-gun crowd thinks the "evil black rifle" has no place in civilian market.

·
Registered
496 Posts
From my understanding it is sarcasm from firearm enthusiasts against the anti-gun crowd. Since it's a military platform and the anti-gun crowd thinks the "evil black rifle" has no place in civilian market.
That sounds like LIb logic so you could be right. It's black so it's bad and those evil right wingers are manipulating the color code. ;)

For those who may get confused. We all bleed red and I'd don't have a racist bone in my body. I tend to see discrimination laws as discriminatory. Just have not "earned" the right to enter the politics forum yet.

·
Registered
29,918 Posts
Who really gives a [email protected]#%?

Seriously...

Who ever "they" are, they are not your friends.

It's like wasting you time trying to figure out who came out with the "N" word or the term right wing red neck.

...but that's just my opinion, and opinions are like @$$ holes, every one has one ;)

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Speaking of the ole evil black rifles, last trip to wally world they had 2. The AR-platform and the SOG I didn't pay to much attention since I don't have the cash. It isn't very comfortable a grown man standing in sporting goods drooling.lol

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
It came from those evil bikers and their affinity for high capacity weapons of mass admiration...

lol..Merry Christmas

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Well, I dunno about the "evil" part. Never heard that regarding black rifles.

Black rifle? I like it. Evil? It's a gun.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
AR assault rifle is actually not right. It actually means Armalite Rifle. EBR is coined from the left, kinda sounds like EBT.............

·
32,577 Posts
I went and got the basic Olympic Arms Plinker with the 20" barrel.

Just used to the older M16 when in the service and got good with it.
Don't need all the doodads the tactical people put on them.

The basic AR-15 sights and function work fine just the way they are.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I went and got the basic Olympic Arms Plinker with the 20" barrel.

Just used to the older M16 when in the service and got good with it.
Don't need all the doodads the tactical people put on them.

The basic AR-15 sights and function work fine just the way they are.
I agree with you but I am looking for the can opener attachment for my AR's.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
The first I can remember the term being widely used was when the great Brady fiasco of 1994 began. Most of the gun wackos began spouting it as a generic term to describe anything the Brady Bunch was including in their evil listing. If it had a pistol grip, folding stock, flash hider, or any other such evil features, it became an EBR. Even a shotgun with a barrel shroud was considered an EBR by many.

The original term "Black Rifle" was from a book written in 1992 about the history of the M16.

Reactions: Rottiejake

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
Lots of good guesses. I wouldn't be surprised if the term EVIL Black Rifle got it's start at arfcom. As others have speculated here, the "Evil" part probably came about as a dig at Brady panty-twisters.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
+1

I agree with you but I am looking for the can opener attachment for my AR's.
You'll have to settle for a bottle opener.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts