Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Super Moderator
35,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or Mark 4, whatever mark. :D I just got done shooting mine. Now, I admit I have a red dot on it, but man, if I'm REALLY shooting well, I can hit 10 for 10 casual plinking off hand at 30 yards on a 6" gong. If I brace up, a 2" spinner from 35 yards is not a problem. Just put it this way, if you miss, it's YOUR fault. ;D

Guess I'd forgotten what tack driving accuracy was been shooting my little Heritage shop keeper so much. :D

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Yes I have a Mark III. Crazy accurate and easy to shoot. I keep having to back up to make it interesting!

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
No, what I need is a second mortgage to pay for all the guns you people keep telling me I need! You may not always say it outright but, every time you guys flash something I like, I know what you're doing!

·
Registered
36,790 Posts
No, what I need is a second mortgage to pay for all the guns you people keep telling me I need! You may not always say it outright but, every time you guys flash something I like, I know what you're doing!
well I am just here to help!
My suggestion is get a large second mortgage so you can afford more expensive guns!

Attachments

Reactions: taurustoter

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
well I am just here to help!
My suggestion is get a large second mortgage so you can afford more expensive guns!
:icon_censored:

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Super Moderator
35,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've always looked at them but always here they are hard to disassemble and clean.
They're not rocket science to take apart, but there is an art to it. :D I didn't take my apart today, don't take it apart a LOT. It'll go for a while with just locking the bolt back and cleaning it through the ejection port. I also run a .22 cal bore snake through it and down the feed ramp and out the mag well. :D

Besides, that's no longer a relevant gripe. The new Mk 4 has 1 button take down. :D

·
Registered
6,724 Posts
Two words.

Puckle Gun.

·
Registered
36,790 Posts
They're not rocket science to take apart, but there is an art to it. :D I didn't take my apart today, don't take it apart a LOT. It'll go for a while with just locking the bolt back and cleaning it through the ejection port. I also run a .22 cal bore snake through it and down the feed ramp and out the mag well. :D

Besides, that's no longer a relevant gripe. The new Mk 4 has 1 button take down. :D
I typically do a through cleaning on my Ruger MKS once a year whether they need it or not!
assembly seems to be really hit and miss for me, depending on the in stock Beer supply!
IF I have plenty of beer then they go together flawlessly, if I don't have but one or two beer then they are the devil to get back together, you see they are for me a 4 beer gun, try to assemble --go drink a beer- try again to assemble--go drink and beer-- try to reassemble--well you get the idea.

·
Administrator
18,191 Posts
I have an early 1990's Ruger Mark II, with the plain 4 inch barrel, and it's been a great little shooter!
I should have a pic of it, but I will have to take one and post it later.

Reactions: NativeTexan

·
Registered
36,790 Posts
Is the mark II worth selling a first year mark I for?

heck I dunt no?
I guess to me it would be how (what model) of the MK ll-lll-llll that I wanted.
I had a MK ll, traded and got a MK lll in the 22/45 model thinking as I have so many 1911 that I would like that grip angle better.
ended up trading that one for a MK lll with the standard Luger grip angle.
weird but it feels better on that particular gun to me.
of course mine have all been bull barrel, 6 inchers with the adjustable sights cause hey are basically plinkers for me.
while I like both I lean to the Browning Buckmark by just a tad.

·
Super Moderator
35,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't think there's a dimes difference in Mk 1 and Mk 2. Some folks don't like the Mk 3 because of the magazine safety. That don't matter to me. The gun is NOT a self defense choice, after all. :rolleyes: The Mk 4 makes take down a breeze. I'm considering a Mk 4, but won't sell my Mk 2. I don't sell accurate firearms.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
I have the MKII in the 6-7/8" target and Government models. I also have a MKIII 22/45 LITE I run a suppressor on. I had to gut it and install the Volquartsen accurising kit to make me like it like the MKII models.

I've probably had my MKII's between 20 and 30 years. The MKIII for 3 years.

Maloy

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts
"Everyone need a Ruger Mk 2"

Yes. Yes I do...

Reactions: NativeTexan

·
Super Moderator
35,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have the MKII in the 6-7/8" target and Government models. I also have a MKIII 22/45 LITE I run a suppressor on. I had to gut it and install the Volquartsen accurising kit to make me like it like the MKII models.

I've probably had my MKII's between 20 and 30 years. The MKIII for 3 years.

Maloy
Ya think this is because of the Mk 3 or the light weight version is at fault?

I'd like to do something to the trigger on mine. Occasionally I've been known to jerk it. It could stand to be a little lighter. It don't really have perceptible creep, though.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts