Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this board but have frequented numerous other gun forums. I barely post, mostly just read. I have 3 Taurus pistols (PT92, PT1911, and 608) and plan on buying more if the right one appeals to me. I have had nothing but flawless performance out of all of them.

My PT92 I purchased in college and was so dead set on a beretta until I compared them side by side. I ended up saving money in the purchase as well and have never regretted it. I have 7 1911's from Springfield, Colt, Para, and Kimber. I've recently added a PT1911 and couldn't be happier. On a quest to find a S&W 627 I stumbled upon a 608 that I found just as well finished and balanced, and I also found the trigger to be nicer both in single and double action. For half the price, I couldn't pass it up.

I've been shooting for over 30 years and have owned almost every make out there. Surprisingly enough, the only guns I've ever had issues with were the "name brand" guns that everybody raves about.

I had a Sig 220 who's trigger died on me at the range and had to go back to the factory. I had a Glock that had to go back to the shop for consistent FTF's, and I also had a Springfield Trophy Match that had to go back to the factory twice because it was a Jam-O-Matic from the get go.

I'm not biased towards any maker because I love all guns. I'm just tired of viewing complaints on these boards about Taurus quality this and that. Sure I know they're out there but the truth is, it's not just Taurus. Every maker has them. Keltec is another brand that's bashed alot and I just happen to have 3 of them that initially had some break in issues but have now become very reliable.

Just had to get that off my chest.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
well my tracker i had to look at 3 NIB guns to find one worth shooting.. it's still not 100%..

i over paid for it to boot.. it's a nice shooting gun but honestly it's the gun i most regret buying.

my pt92 is a great gun thought taurus does'nt clean the guns up as much.. they might be functional but under the grips, internals, and behind the levers are somewhat rough or unfinished.

i love my pt92.. would and will buy another one, it however is NOT a replacement for the beretta, although they do both handle and fire nearly identical and both are very reliable.. it is not a beretta.

but none the less if you wanted to save some money and are willing to except a few rough spots the pt92 makes a great alternative.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I've had to send back for service; one Smith & Wesson, one Ruger and one SigArms. Never a Taurus.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
I've owned many Taurus firearms over the years and have had zero problems with any of them. If they keep making them, I'll undoubtedly continue buying them.

:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts