Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious how many people own or have seen a Springfield M6.
I bought this one for my dad in 2004 and saw a parkerized version today.
That's the only 2 I've ever seen.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Sort of, very simular to a old USAF survival gun that some old bombers had on board for emergencys....

·
Premium Member
8,346 Posts
It's kind of like what the AR-7's are purported to have replaced. I have a recent Henry version. Whether or not it ever accompanied a USAF pilot is open to debate, but it is designed as a 'survival rifle" in .22lr. The 410 barrel is not included, (Damn...).

·
Registered
24,606 Posts
Nice survival gun.

·
Registered
12,088 Posts
Evil looking assault weapon. Probably fires 500,000 rounds per second from its clips.

Ban it !

·
22,301 Posts
If it doesn't come in 45ACP I'm not interested. :D

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
I've seen these on several occasions. They are survival guns. Be nice to have one for an emergency pack for the truck.

Reactions: criderrc

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It makes for a good training rifle for the kids. And at least it's worth keeping after they outgrow it. I have a Rossi S411220BS youth size 22LR / 410 that never gets shot now since the kids outgrew it. The Rossi is a single shot with changeable barrels. The Springfield doesn't require changing barrels so I think it's a keeper over the Rossi. I may trade the Rossi for some ammo lol.

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
I gave my son a Savage Camp Gun which is a 22 lr on top and 20 gauge on the bottom barrel. It breaks down and fits in a nice little folding soft case for packing. Very nice little gun to take camping and fishing.

·
Registered
36,310 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts