Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once time I went to my credit union, during lunch of course, and the place was robbed while I was waiting in line waiting to cash my check. They locked the doors, called the police and the FBI. I was told by one of the officers that there were 3 different banks being robbed in Tempe alone (at the same time). The bad guys took off on bicycles. I don't know if they were ever caught. Anyway, I had to call my boss to tell him that I was going to be late. The whole time I was thinking, why couldn't that have been the lottery, I mean, what are the chances?

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Eight, all on duty. So I was never there when they initially went down.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Wait until the statute of limitations is up.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
ya sure i knock off a bank every 12-18 months ya know when ever funds get low, it's no biggie.
mostly just liquor stores in between, course i love a good street mugging it's more personal with computers and gadgets in such in the world today i like getting out to meet new people before taking their valuables.

who says crime does'nt pay? :p

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
You take your vacations in London right?

·
Registered
109 Posts
My wife is in banking. I worry about robberies all the time. She refuses to carry

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
ya sure i knock off a bank every 12-18 months ya know when ever funds get low, it's no biggie.
mostly just liquor stores in between, course i love a good street mugging it's more personal with computers and gadgets in such in the world today i like getting out to meet new people before taking their valuables.
lol.. Joe :D

No...and never want to be.. :eek: I also use a Credit Union

Marky B ....
Wow, i am glad you made it ok.. 8)
Its crazy, even up here in the Verde Valley we have had Robberies at the banks and once at a Denny's Restaurant..

When i am in the bank, i am always looking around because it is always on my mind..
I even run through scenarios in my head while I am in line.. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Robin48 said:
My wife is in banking. I worry about robberies all the time. She refuses to carry
Robin48, I don't know what state you live in. But here in Tulsa Oklahoma,
they have the "No Weapons" logo on all the banks at the front doors.
They don't even want honest citizens carrying concealed when entering
the banks.

But, I am quite certain that there are people who do indeed carry when they
go in. But they're concealed.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Well, I have gone so far, that I get all my money in the bank, by EFT, or I deposit thru the driveup window. Only time I go in a bank is to visit my cousin, who manages the bank branch. Then we go to the office, and I watch the security monitors while I am there. Oh and we can carry concealed in our bank.

·
Registered
71 Posts
No. I've never been involved in a bank robbery. The thought of being caught and sent to prison to share a claustrophobic cell with Bubba makes any such illegal act too unpleasant to actually consider committing . :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
locknload said:
Robin48, I don't know what state you live in. But here in Tulsa Oklahoma,
they have the "No Weapons" logo on all the banks at the front doors.
They don't even want honest citizens carrying concealed when entering
the banks.

But, I am quite certain that there are people who do indeed carry when they
go in. But they're concealed.
Definitely

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Robby said:
Well, I have gone so far, that I get all my money in the bank, by EFT, or I deposit thru the driveup window. Only time I go in a bank is to visit my cousin, who manages the bank branch. Then we go to the office, and I watch the security monitors while I am there. Oh and we can carry concealed in our bank.
Robby, I also use the driveup window to do all my withdrawals & deposits.
The only time I enter the bank is when I have rolled up coin to deposit.
Actually, I hear on the local news that several of the banks in the Tulsa
area get hit (robbed) quite often.

But fortunately, I have never been in a bank when some idiot was there
making an illegal withdrawal. I mentioned this point on a previous post:
God forbid, if I ever am in a bank while it was being robbed, & I survived the
incident, I would never enter that bank again, unarmed.

I don't care what signs they would have on their doors!

·
Registered
60 Posts
joe sixpack said:

who says crime does'nt pay? :p
Lol that was exactly what i was thinking when i saw the title.

Never been involved and trying to keep it that way (also i big drive up window guy)

·
Registered
296 Posts
98redorangeta said:
Lol that was exactly what i was thinking when i saw the title.

Never been involved and trying to keep it that way (also i big drive up window guy)
+1 for all you wanta be crooks.

Wasn't sure what I'd find when reading the header. Thru me for a loop. And no I've never seen an armed robbery in progress. :eek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts