Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't really care for reloading the mags on my TH9C. The tool that comes with the gun helps a little but not great. I came across a youtube post on the ETS speed loader looks interesting. Has anyone tried it? how does it compare to the Uplula speed loader, looks like it will be a fair bit faster than the Uplula if it works as advertised.

https://www.etsgroup.us/ETS-Group-C-A-M-Loader-p/etscam-9-40.htm

JoH

·
Registered
340 Posts
I don't really care for reloading the mags on my TH9C. The tool that comes with the gun helps a little but not great. I came across a youtube post on the ETS speed loader looks interesting. Has anyone tried it? how does it compare to the Uplula speed loader, looks like it will be a fair bit faster than the Uplula if it works as advertised.

JoH
I have owned many types of magazine reloaders.

This is a slotted speedloader that actually picks up 10 rounds at a time right from the factory ammo tray. I have loaded 15 rounds in the slot and it has worked for my Glock 19, 17, magazines. It has also worked for my Sig P365, CZ 75 and CZ Shadow 2 magazines.

When I’m competing we are limited to 10 round mags. As opposed to counting up 10 and using the Upula, I scoop up the rounds and load quickly.

It is one of the most effective speedloader systems for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
7,296 Posts
If it works as easily as the video shows, I'm getting one. It makes the upula look medieval by comparison. I've always thought of the upula more as a "comfort loader" than a "speed loader" - it saves your thumb from getting sore, but it doesn't save all that much time. A little, but not a lot.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I've never seen one until now it looks like it would be a handy range tool. I'll give it some time to see how it holds up but I like it

·
Premium Member
3,396 Posts
I don't know, I can't make up my mind. This loader is large and bulky and I would have to have two separate loaders to load 9, 40, and 45.

It seems so many get wrapped up in the how fast can I load thought that they don't pay attention to why they would not want the added cost of carrying two separate large loaders. When you think about it just how valuable is saving maybe one or two minutes unloading a single magazine. Look over the other post sprinkled on this forum and you'll notice that most people number one very seldom go to the range. For most people if they go once a month they're lucky. And then when it's winter in the country most live in the snow Zone and they don't go to the range at all between fall and spring. After reading many posts it is obvious that even when they go to the range they sell them shoot more then a hundred fifty or 200 rounds.

A range trip to me is a relaxing way to spend some time. The need to rush and Save a minute or two on a magazine is just not in the picture. If I don't want to actually load magazines at the range I will just preload a number of magazines with my uplula and not have to spend any time at all on the Range trip loading.

As usual, it's a personal decision, and we will all choose what works better for us.

Don

Reactions: Rotorflyr

·
Premium Member
5,197 Posts
I don't really have "the need, the need for speed" but I do like the way the UpLula saves my thumb. I watched UpLula and ETS videos before I made my decision (and I wasn't on this board to ask for advice) and my conclusion was that the ETS would be too delicate. Not meaning that it would break, but that it would be too difficult to always, every time, get 10 rounds off the plastic packing tray. Not to mention, I only have one gun with a 10 round magazine, so I'd either be picking rounds out of the loader (for smaller magazines) or I'd be hand-placing extra rounds in the loader. Given that, I chose the UpLula and it is a great device. Everyone I've loaned it to loves it.

I have zero experience with the ETS (just watching videos) so it will be interesting to get some real experienced comments to confirm or defeat my suspicions.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I don't really have "the need, the need for speed" but I do like the way the UpLula saves my thumb. I watched UpLula and ETS videos before I made my decision (and I wasn't on this board to ask for advice) and my conclusion was that the ETS would be too delicate. Not meaning that it would break, but that it would be too difficult to always, every time, get 10 rounds off the plastic packing tray. Not to mention, I only have one gun with a 10 round magazine, so I'd either be picking rounds out of the loader (for smaller magazines) or I'd be hand-placing extra rounds in the loader. Given that, I chose the UpLula and it is a great device. Everyone I've loaned it to loves it.

I have zero experience with the ETS (just watching videos) so it will be interesting to get some real experienced comments to confirm or defeat my suspicions.
I have several Upula speedloaders for my AK-47, AR-15 and a couple for pistols. Then again, I drive my UTV with a toolbox that carries all of my supplies to my range 300 yards from my house.

I will shoot in snow or whatever weather, as long as I don’t get stuck with my vehicle at the club or I don’t have the chores of plowing my driveway.

It’s not hard to scoop up the 10-15 rounds. I find the ETS to be useful when I’m competing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Super Moderator
20,013 Posts

JoH

I think the answer lies in whether you are looking for speed or ease of loading . . . . or both.

Keeping in mind that loading the reloader (works like a stripper clip) take some time - not much, mind you, based on some of the other comments, but some.

Personally I use an UPlula device. I can load any handgun magazine in under 30 seconds and no “mag thumb” to worry about. I still load all Rifle mags by plain old hand; not painful and still effective.

As a disclaimer of sorts, I’m not the high volume shooter many others are, so, blazing speed not really a requirement for my shooting pleasure.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the input. My guess is th ETS works as promoted based on your input plus lots of positive reviews. The principal is similar to the Clip Loader I use for my .22 Ruger. https://www.brownells.com/shooting-...s/22-auto-ultimate-clip-loader-prod16700.aspx

While I will shoot 300 - 400 rounds of .22, I don’t think I will shoot more than 100 rounds of 9mm,. I saw the Uplulu on ebay for $16 including shipping and ordered one. Since there are no mags avaialable for the TH9 (C) and the loader that come with the gun is next to useless some knd of loader is a nessecity. I may still get the ETS in the future.

·
Premium Member
5,197 Posts
I don't store my reloads in factory boxes. I therefore am satisfied with my Upula.
Hmmm. Do I smell a business opportunity here? Aftermarket factory boxes that one can use to store reloads. Then, we'll need ETS Group or Maglula to come up with competing loaders for factory ammo boxes.

Wow, I should have been an entramanure!

·
Registered
36,797 Posts
I load all of my mags before I go to the range. The UPlula works fine for me.
MY Goodness IF I did that I couldn't afford the ammo, the range fee, a car to drive there or gas to put in the car!
I usually always shoot a minimum of 200 rounds per visit.
thats a lot of magazines that I would need to buy.
plus I think of reloading magazines from / to a gun as training myself.

Reactions: CDR_Glock

·
Registered
957 Posts
Conceptually I like it, but since I've had an Uplula for a number of years (and it works just fine when I use it) I don't really see the need for it.

Having said that, I did consider this one (for rifles) once or twice.....https://podavach.com/ (til my boating accident that is)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts