Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shin-In-Geun--007.jpg

"His first memory is an execution. He walked with his mother to a wheat field, where guards had rounded up several thousand prisoners. The boy crawled between legs to the front row, where he saw guards tying a man to a wooden pole......
Shin In Geun was four years old, too young to understand the speech that came before that killing. At dozens of executions in years to come, he would listen to a guard telling the crowd that the prisoner about to die had been offered "redemption" through hard labour, but had rejected the generosity of the North Korean government.
Guards stuffed pebbles into the prisoner's mouth, covered his head with a hood ........."

How one man escaped from a North Korean prison camp | World news | The Guardian

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Then after that, you need to see the documentary 'kimjongilia'. It almost makes you want to volunteer to be part of an invasion force to get rid of that hell hole.

DocumentaryChannel

I suggest you watch the next showing on the Documentary Channel, April 21. You'll have to record it, or be up at 4 AM. I may just watch it again.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I read the book last week, 'Escape from camp 14'

Very thought provoking, and puts every day 'problems' into perspective.

This young man was not treat as a human being, but was brought up as an animal. He had no feelings for his parents, the state was everything. The things done to this man - and thousands like him, every day - is, well I don't have the words to describe it.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Wow, if anyone ever deserved a presidential medal of freedom it's this guy. How can we as US citizens take our freedom for granted when other people in the world have to face this....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts