Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got another permit to purchase a handgun. I wanted something in .32 ACP, because I don't have anything in that caliber yet.
The list of the guns that interested me included Walther PP, Bernardelli Model 60, Beretta Model 70, Vz. 70, CZ 83...
Then, a few days ago, in a local gun shop I stumble upon on that thing. The price was right (about 150 USD), and the gun was in great condition, with only slight holster wear on the frame.
The frame is made of Zamac, but all the other critical parts (barrel with slide, breech block, forward and rear toggle link) are from nicely blued steel with great fit and finish.
I've already ordered Cerakote kit so the frame will be soon in Elite Midnight Black :)
I read all over the net that it might be an issue with reliability, but I fired a box of S&B .32 ACP without any problem.
The pistol is a natural pointer and the precision is very good!
All in all, I'm very satisfied with that purchase.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Nice acquisition, I have to ask where do You live that You need a permit to purchase a handgun?

·
22,942 Posts
Congratulations! Very handsome little .32!

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Nice acquisition, I have to ask where do You live that You need a permit to purchase a handgun?
His profile says "Zagreb, Croatia"

I also have the 22LR version, but at the last two gunshows I looked at one of those little 32 ACP versions on a guy's table.
I really wanted it, but couldn't bring myself to cough up the $750 the seller wanted for it. Apparently neither could anyone else since he brought it with him to two gunshows in a row.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm from Croatia. We can have as many guns as we want, but every single one require a permit for purchase from the Ministry of the Interior. After the purchase you also have to go to the same Ministry and register the gun.

·
Super Moderator
37,202 Posts
Congratulations on a great purchase! I'm still trying to warm up to the .32 ACP after acquiring a Beretta 81BB last year. It's not the power of the round or the action and accuracy of the pistol, but rather the reloading of the ammo. It's also the only one I have in that caliber. I have also thought about a CZ70 to accompany my CZ82 and may acquire one someday.

We have a dedicated group of Leftists in the USA that continue to do everything possible to restrict firearm purchase and ownership under the guise of correcting social problems stemming from poor family and social upbringing, cultural norms and poor education. That's their excuse when really it's all about the control they wish to manacle everyone with since they have no self-control.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
I'm from Croatia. We can have as many guns as we want, but every single one require a permit for purchase from the Ministry of the Interior. After the purchase you also have to go to the same Ministry and register the gun.
I think We have Your President in the White House.

·
Administrator
18,161 Posts
Congratulations on your new-to-you Erma KGP-68 Baby Luger Pistol and may it serve you well! :cool::)

These are now collectible by some Luger afficionados. I always fancied picking up an Erma in either .22LR or .380 ACP.
I wound up with a 1936 Mauser made 9mm Luger and my need for a Luger was satisfied. :)

Still wouldn't mind getting an Erma version, though! ;)

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Registered
7 Posts
I recently got another permit to purchase a handgun. I wanted something in .32 ACP, because I don't have anything in that caliber yet.
The list of the guns that interested me included Walther PP, Bernardelli Model 60, Beretta Model 70, Vz. 70, CZ 83...
Then, a few days ago, in a local gun shop I stumble upon on that thing. The price was right (about 150 USD), and the gun was in great condition, with only slight holster wear on the frame.
The frame is made of Zamac, but all the other critical parts (barrel with slide, breech block, forward and rear toggle link) are from nicely blued steel with great fit and finish.
I've already ordered Cerakote kit so the frame will be soon in Elite Midnight Black :)
I read all over the net that it might be an issue with reliability, but I fired a box of S&B .32 ACP without any problem.
The pistol is a natural pointer and the precision is very good!
All in all, I'm very satisfied with that purchase.

View attachment 479567 View attachment 479568
Owned this exact pistol back in the mid 70's. Wish I still had it and sold it for $100. One thing to remember with this model. Don't dry fire. The firing pin will break as I learned. Not sure if they're still readily available.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I guess those folks don't know what "Shall Not Be Infringed" means.
Or anything else that contains any common sense.

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
Congratulations on your new to you handgun.

Reactions: HrvojeKL
1 - 19 of 19 Posts