Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
9,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I realized I haven't been reviewing my newer firearm purchases much lately..Work etc...have been distracting me lately. So I thought I would start with a simple no nonsense review of my 3rd in rotation carry pistol, better known as the "Truck" gun.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Airsoft gun

This OD and black gem was purchased at my fav LGS for $289 + tax about 4 months ago. Which at the time was a great deal.
Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Ammunition

Since I have big ole paws I knew going in I would need a thicker grip, Hogue to the rescue! When I think about all the pistols in my collection I can carry, all more expensive and more accurate. Why in a horse fly's name would I want this G3C? For me it is pure laziness (being honest). My two primary carry pistols (M&P compact and CZ P01) are bigger and require a good gun belt for appropriate carry. I have 3 good gun belts, but they are ...well gun belts! stiff and strong.

Shoe Jewellery Artifact Nickel Metal

So what's a comfortably chunky old dude to do, when he just wants to run an errand in his old man pants..Ya know the comfortable elastic waist with a stretchy belt kinda ole man pants. Well at least they are camo old man pants. This is where my G3 comes into play. It sits locked up in my Tundra's center console, until old chunky guy flattens the seat. I put it in my waistband around the AIWB area. With its light weight and small footprint it carries so easily and comfortably. I forget its there. Ask me how many times I forgot to leave it in the truck, because it is so comfy. ( Lots ).
Office supplies Space bar Office equipment Input device Toy

If you want all the specs and important range opinions..there are hundreds of reviews on this platform available. I am just going to focus on what matters to me. Action and trigger pull are my first peeves. All my pistols get a deep clean, all friction surfaces lightly polished, followed by a light lube. Wilson combat ultimate grease - a light application on the metal to metal action surfaces, then a tiny bit on the frame rails. A light oil rub on the outside of the barrel and I'm done. My current trigger pull is at 3lb 14oz's average. With its moderate travel and firm wall this is about as light as I would go and still feel safe. Weight unloaded with a mag is 22.9oz's, loaded with 12+1 124 grain HST's it weighs 28.0 oz's.
My next pet peeve is cold accuracy. I've explained this before , but in short..Can I shoot the pistol accurately after a month of no practice. Which for me often entails shooting other pistols, wiping out my G3C muscle memory.
Table Automotive design Gadget Desk Input device

You would be surprised how many pistols and rifles I have moved on from, because of failing that test. Today was my first time shooting the G3C in a little over two months. This target was at 12 yards, using two mags of ammo. Firing a mag in under 10 seconds. Pretty quick for target shooting, but essential for my accuracy requirement. The G3C did not disappoint. I almost hate to put it back in the truck, but that is its mission. I've got more to come. A classic Sig P226 and a Taurus 627 will want my attention soon. Have a great weekend and heck, maybe even share some cool gun stuff when you have a chance.

·
9,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the PT-111 G2 Millennium ($189), a PT-709 ($149) and since Sept of 2020 a the G3c ($269). Love them all in order and the G3c most.

PS. I will NEVER leave a pistol unattended in my vehicle. This is 2021 not 1965. With all of the car break-ins It is beyond comprehension the people still do it.
I live in a very rural area, think cows and chicken houses..but you are right to be concerned. I do drive into Gravette and Decatur, while not even called a town, but bad people are everywhere.

·
9,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So nobody asked, how many times did you forget to leave it in the truck?
It has been doing truck duty for a few months..At least once a week..in fact ...dangit, there it is on my belt again..been home for 2 hours and just noticed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts