Taurus Firearm Forum banner

201 - 213 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Great thread. I have been keeping my bedside gun with a full a mag but not one chambered and just got my ccl and my little 380 isn't chambered. Recently got a model 85 snub nose so the question is moot since that will be my new carry gun. I think it is the level of comfort you have that is key. Thanks for all of the input everyone. This is a great forum. I think my semi's will soon be chambered.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I know my opinion doesn't really count, because I don't have my CCL yet. But I think when I do get mine, I will carry with one in the chamber, gun on safety. I think if a situation does occur, you will not know until the threat has presented itself and either confronting you or your family, possibly with a weapon. If this is the case you want to be able to deploy your handgun and be into action as quickly as possible. Another reason, although we train most of us are going to be a little shook up in that situation, the less I have to do the better.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Loaded! If something goes so wrong that I need to draw in the first place, then the need to rack will be to late. If I have time to rack, I have time to dial 911. I carry either a 1911 with safety on, 24/7 safety on de-cocked, or Kel-tec PF9 with DAO.

·
Registered
478 Posts
DA/SA: One in the chamber safety off.
SAO: Cocked and locked.
Observe the 4 cardinal rules at all times = Absolutely zero problems.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Personally if someone is going to carry with a empty chamber they need to train per the Israeli method of carry. Otherwise one in the chamber.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
One in the chamber, safety engaged. If someone is approaching with a bat, the three seconds you require to rack and load your weapon is all the perp needs to cross the remaining distance and brain you then take your weapon and use it on you. And it goes down very quickly. Unless you have trained and trained and trained with the weapon in that condition, you will lose.

·
Registered
36,790 Posts
Personally if someone is going to carry with a empty chamber they need to train per the Israeli method of carry. Otherwise one in the chamber.

well personally (as we are going there), if someone carries cold chamber I think they need to move to Israel where the armed good guys out number the armed bad guys about 10,000 to 1.
totally different here, but then again thats just my opinion.

·
Banned
519 Posts
well most guns are made to be carried iwth one on the chamber. I cant find a single holster company that doesnt make a holster that completely covers the trigger guard so NOTHING can move it, short of removing gun from holster.

The decision in the end is yours. Yours alone. here is a simple test on what you can see what may happen.

get a plastic gun with a slide, cheapo airsoft works. have a buddy jump on you from behind, and try to draw the airsoft toy and try to operate the slide to get a pellet in the chamber. See how long it takes. i dont think you can.

201 - 213 of 213 Posts