Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If this had been a typical no guns workplace, everybody in the place could've been shot, and it would've been national news, with more calls for "gun control laws" and for congress to "do something." Although it's sad that there were two victims of the madman, that can't be stopped by CC. What concealed carry can do sometimes however is prevent the casualty count from reaching double digits. This is something the anti concealed carry types never seem to understand. I say "anti CC types" because occasionally you'll hear someone say something like, "I like guns, and I like to hunt, but I don't think people should be allowed to carry", like their hunting is somehow more important than someone trying to protect themselves from getting raped, robbed, or murdered. :(

I had someone tell me once, the reason he didn't feel comfortable with the idea of employees at a workplace carrying concealed was because they might snap and do a mass shooting. I replied, if someone is inclined to do that, they don't need a CCW permit to commit murder. Those kinds of crazy people will just go out and come back with a gun and start shooting. A person with murderous intent isn't going to say to themselves, "Oh, I want to shoot everyone at _______ but I can't because they have rules against bringing guns in, or there's a law against it." A so called gun free zone isn't, and should be called by what it really is, a criminal protection zone.
Sorry for the rant, I'll get off my soapbox now. :)

Bailey wandered onto the Schlenker Automotive property on Friday, and using a .40- caliber handgun, started firing on workers, killing 50-year-old Schlenker employee Roger Lee Smith, Rockledge police said. Smith had stepped into the parking lot after he heard a shot that paralyzed a 25-year-old, unidentified co-worker, according to police. Police have not released the identity.

Two other workers – both concealed weapons permit holders – confronted the gunman and engaged in a shootout that left the suspect wounded. Bailey continues to recover at Holmes Regional Medical Center in Melbourne.
Schlenker shooting: Gunman recovering, worked at elementary school

·
Super Moderator
40,776 Posts
Another plus for the good guys. Glad to see it was Florida in the good news side this time.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
You're not ranting but using common sense! Anti ccw\gun people don't really think through what they're saying. They just repeat the brainwashing heard on tv. It's a shame because some own guns and say stupid things like you heard. I've heard some say that they want a gun to protect themselves if someone breaks in home but don't think you need to carry one daily? My response was so you'll use a gun to protect your house but not your life away from it? Most recent encounter was over the weekend. An out of town friend of my wife's was over and said they got their ccw but didn't want to carry while driving? I told her, that is one of the best reasons to carry is while traveling.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.