Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31,897 Posts
I really look forward to the next 10 years of Space Exploration. Just watching a reuseable rocket landing is a great reminder of the Days of Flash Gordon.

·
Registered
17,062 Posts
Looks like the space ship from "Fobidden Planet".
Are they going to get Leslie Nielson to fly it?
Forbidden Planet..............one of my favorite old movies.
Except this was the ship in the movie...................

proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg

·
Registered
24,598 Posts
Very Flash Gordon esque

Reactions: Jake3501

·
22,294 Posts
Silly. The choice of image in that story is silly. What's even sillier is how close it is to what it seems he's thinking.

·
8,531 Posts
Well it looks like it might fly..But agree looks so much like one of those 50's sci fy rocket ships, it kinda makes me giggle.

·
Registered
17,062 Posts
Well it looks like it might fly..But agree looks so much like one of those 50's sci fy rocket ships, it kinda makes me giggle.
Men do not giggle.
We guffaw, chortle, snort, howl, snicker, crack up, die laughing, roll in the aisles.
We do not giggle.

·
Registered
18,796 Posts
When they launch it, will it sound like a lawnmower and have a candle flame coming out the back?

Reactions: whichfinger

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Personally I'm looking forward to the days when the most efficient design isn't dedicating 80% of a ship to propellant. Achieving escape velocity however kind of requires strapping yourself to the top of a long cylinder packed with explosives. Still though, what we've achieved in far less than a century in putting things into space is nothing short or remarkable. Makes me wish I could stick around for the next hundred when things should really start to get interesting.

·
Super Moderator
35,066 Posts
Boca Chica? South of Palacios, that Boca Chica???? They were selling lots there 35 years ago. I considered buying one. Dang, I coulda gotten rich in the real estate business!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts