Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well since I can't stand to over pay on simple things, I made a cheap (under $10) stand out of scrap 2x4's and 3/4" pvc. The two 2x4's running front to back are 24" long. The two going left to right are slightly longer, 30" I think. I raised the center piece off the ground a bit, that way all the weight is on the two boards and it also allows for a touch more support on the pvc pipe. This way the pvc sits all the way to the ground and is supported by the brackets roughly 4" up the pipe. The pvc pipe was the easiest part and no part was even remotely hard. All I did was cut six sections of pvc to 24". Got the necessary connectors and pieced it together. My theory is that if I accidentally shoot a support or connector, I can run to the local store and pick up whatever I will need. And its light weight enough that I can carry extras in with me. So now I can just carry in this little target to which ever field I might be shooting at. I know this isn't practical for everyone but for me, its just what I was needing...... now this pics... (hope I can get them to load) Wall Property Architecture Line Glass
Furniture Chair Grass Wood Table
Wood Table Wood stain

CreekFisher

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I had to make something. I was taping targets to small trees and by the end of the trip, I had chopped a couple down. So I wanted to make something better than a small tree lol if money wasn't a issue, I'd just start shooting steel targets ( especially with ammo costing so much right now )

CreekFisher

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. Now I have to collect some cardboard from work and I'm ready to go.... Well I have to find ammo also haha

CreekFisher

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like yours ... Maybe even more than mine. As cheap as PVC is, I might just have to make one like yours.

CreekFisher

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
I did not glue the pieces, just press fit with a little help from a rubber mallet, so I can break it down for easy transport.
It's also tall enough to hang a full size B-27 target.

·
Premium Member
16,973 Posts
I use campaign signs with the heavy gauge wire frames an git them free every time there is an election. :D

Reactions: CreekFisher

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Most bad guys around here are taller than those signs lol but I have shot many of those signs any way... Take em out at the knee! (Actually I use those signs for rabbit season practice)

CreekFisher

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yea, I fear it might be too light. Time will tell. And I have more scraps. And old sand filled weights. I can MacGyver something I'm sure

CreekFisher

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Nice, just because it is inexpensive does not mean it is cheap. This looks like a very functional target stand to me.

·
Super Moderator
36,395 Posts
Dang, I did the same thing the other day. :D I had the scrap wood, just had to buy the nails, but I needed 'em anyway for things I'm doing to the house, so I don't know that I can count the nails and screws I used. :D

Reactions: CreekFisher

·
Registered
262 Posts
If your looking for cheep target stands, go by your local lawnmower shop and pick up some of the U shaped push mower handles, you can shove them into the ground. You will probably get them for free.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.