Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I was trying to figure out my 24/7 Pro .45 POI problem at one time I rested the rail on a nearby ladder rung and fired to see what would happen with the POI. I got a very good hit. I tried again and discovered that the empty hadn't ejected.

I racked the slide and did another one, again solidly resting the rail on the ladder rung, again with a very good POI. But, again, it failed to eject. I racked again, puzzled.

I didn't try any more ladder supported shots and have had no ejection failures with hand held shots. That was a week or more ago. Yesterday I tried the ladder rung supported thing again and it went off without a hitch.

Any comments on this weirdness? Pure coincidence? Evil spirits? Voodoo? Hallucinations? Gremlins?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Weather, dirt, dust, funky ammo and even lubrication or the lack of... Then again you do live in Tennessee and I know the home grown whiskey is pretty darn good down there...(hehehe).

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DRAEGER said:
you do live in Tennessee and I know the home grown whiskey is pretty darn good down there...(hehehe).
Once I was taking some guys from our church into the hills for a hike. There was an old abandoned cabin by the highway a few miles from my house, the drive of which I figured would make a good place to "jump off."

I hadn't seen anyone at the cabin in 25 years. There were no curtains, the porch was rotted, I had been by it many times at night and never saw a light. There had been a 3/4 inch cable across the drive between two huge oaks as long as I could remember.

Just as we were finished stepping over the cable we found ourselves looking into the ends of what looked a lot like a couple ten inch steel pipes welded side by side - actually the wrong end of a double barrel shotgun of unknown dimension. The shotgun asked us where we were going. As we climbed back over the cable I replied that we were just on our way to the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts