Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
18,110 Posts
Can't speak to that one, but I did have one for my late SigArms P220, and it did not work well.

If you want/need Recoil Reduction use either a Wolff 15 lb extra power recoil spring or a Sprinco Recoil Reducer/Buffer. YMMV.

I run the Wolff 15 lb Recoil Spring in my PT92.

Reactions: seafra

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I run the Wolff 15 lb Recoil Spring in my PT92.
Evidently, you haven't had any feed issues with the Wolff 15# spring. I know some worry about ever going with a stiffer spring, but I wouldn't think 2# would cause errors.

How does the slide rack with the Wolff 15#?

·
Administrator
18,110 Posts
Evidently, you haven't had any feed issues with the Wolff 15# spring. I know some worry about ever going with a stiffer spring, but I wouldn't think 2# would cause errors.

How does the slide rack with the Wolff 15#?
Slide racks just fine! I have a good deal of hand strength, so YMMV.

It should also be noted that my Hammer/Main Spring is nicely worn, so that will also lessen the resistance to slide travel. Mainsprings and Recoil Springs are additive in hammer fired Pistols, as the slide must also overcome the Hammer and it's Spring for a bit. Still, I would try it. Persons who have shot my PT92 often remark that it has much less recoil than most 9mm Pistols. The Techs at Wolff remarked to me that some 9mm Pistols are a bit undersprung, notably the Beretta.Taurus 92 series.

Reactions: seafra

·
Banned
9,233 Posts
I bought the EFK Firedragon 357sig conversion barrel for my PT100 several years ago. I also bought the dual spring for that same pistol and it works great. No issues in either 40 S&W or 357sig mode.

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
Yeah, 92s are definitely undersprung imo.
Get a heavier recoil spring and lighter hammer spring (Beretta D spring) and you'll have a lighter DA pull and softer recoil without needing that expensive efk thing.

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
Yes, the Beretta factory "D" spring is the hammer spring from their DAO models, which is lighter than the one that comes on DA/SA models. Works in the PT92 for the same benefit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts