Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a free inline muzzloader last week from my mother in law (she found it in her basement and didnt know where it came from). it is a new frontier and i had never heard of them. it was completely locked up until i took it home and sprayed it with pb blaster. i took it apart and when after we took out the plug, my dad thought that it was never even shot. it was covered with rust and i knocked it on with steel wool. it looks nice now but the old plastic trigger guard was broken and i need to replace that. i would like to fabricate one but im not exactly sure the best way.
Any suggestions?
And what exactly is new frontier?

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
Someone more familiar with inline muzzle loaders would know more. It appears they may not be made anymore.

Owned by BPI and the "New Frontier" trademark is cancelled - NEW FRONTIER MUZZLELOADING - Reviews & Brand Information - Blackpowder Products, Inc. Norcross, GA - Serial Number: 78202116

Pics of one here - New Frontier Muzzle loading Wind River Magnum 50 : Black Powder Rifles & Muzzleloader Rifles at GunBroker.com

Be sure to find out more before you intend to fire it. It seems the New Frontier is one of those muzzle loaders with a history of failing when fired.

"Due to the number of CVA branded guns that I am personally aware of that have put new owners in the hospital, they have distinguished themselves as a brand to avoid whether sold as "BPI," "Winchester Muzzleloading," "CVA," or "New Frontier." " - RATING THE INLINE MUZZLELOADING MANUFACTURERS

http://www.ca8.uscourts.gov/opndir/10/12/091146P.pdf

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
If it's a BPI model, then it is indeed the same company that owns CVA. Their current similar model to yours would be the Buckhorn. It's toward the lower end of the scale. You might want to drop their customer service an e-mail and see what happens. I have a CVA Hunterbolt on which some parts broke, and they sent me the new ones without a hassle, and very quickly too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts