Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Skimming another board, I ran across this. Too bad I suppose, I've made many firearms related purchases through them (i.e. magazines, recoil pads, grips etc..) and liked being able to access hard-to-find items. While I can't say I'm pleased with their decision or their reasons behind it, at least the revenue they would have been receiving will be going to those who I know wholly support our hobby/sport.

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/core/200707....07-07-30094109

July 30, 2007 | 10:00AM PST/PT

Matt Halprin

Hello everyone…In mid-August, we will be updating our Firearms, Weapons and Knives Policy to place more restrictions around gun-related items. Once these changes take effect, we will prohibit listings of any firearm part that is required for the firing of a gun. This includes items like bullet tips, brass casings and shells, barrels, slides, cylinders, magazines, firing pins, trigger assemblies, etc. Please read the Firearms, Weapons and Knives Policy for more details on our current policy.

As you may know, eBay does not allow the listing of any items which are regulated by individual states or the federal government; however, there are still a large number of firearm-related parts that are legal and are widely available in retail stores. These items have also historically been allowed on eBay.

After learning that some items purchased on eBay may have been used in the tragedy at Virginia Tech in April 2007, we felt that revisiting our policies was not only necessary, but the right thing to do. After much consideration, the Trust & Safety policy team – along with our executive leaders at eBay Inc. – have made the decision to further restrict more of these items than federal and state regulations require.

This new update continues to encourage safety among our community members and brings our policies in the U.S. and Canada in closer alignment with our existing policies in other markets around the globe.

Sincerely,

Matt Halprin
Vice President, Trust & Safety

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Another sad day for all of us American's and all I can say to those at EBAY is.... Stupid, gutless WUSSY's!!!

Had Concealed Carry been allowed on campus by certified people, the entire ordeal could have either been prevented or stopped much sooner. It was another example of why good people should be trained and allowed to carry concealed. Also proves its easier to be "Infamous then Famous"...

·
Administrator
39,376 Posts
Well, I've bought a ton of lead bullets and a bunch of brass, even holsters and grips and other gun stuff. It's hard enough to get a bargain there without this. I think I'll just send them an e-mail and close my account. Stupid, gutless what DRAEGER said. :puke:

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I have purchased two AR-15 complete upper receivers, stocks, barrels and internal firearms parts, plus more then a few 30rd ar-15 mags (labeled as 10rd model 30 ar-15 mags...lol) from Ebay in the last couple of years. Guess I won't be dong that anymore...

Bunch of Puntz!!!

·
Registered
174 Posts
i too have used e-bay for gun stuff, but in reality other than convienience and entertainment they don't offer anything we can't find elsewhere, i believe that we need to support the local guy so we don't loose them, if firearms get to be like allot of other things in america where they are all bought and sold through a few large companies, it'll be real easy for uncle sam to step in and control everything, i think we need to say thank you to people like ebay and walmart etc. that are giving the little guy a good chance. i will admit, i have bought my fair share of stuff on the internet, but the local gun shops have gotten a decent chunk of change as well.

·
Super Moderator
34,949 Posts
Hmm, no more ebay brass, the butt wipes.

·
Administrator
17,592 Posts
Bummer! :mad:

I've bought and sold magazines, barrels, Rifle Scopes, and Holsters on ebay! Since they own PayPal, I wonder if there will be more restrictions there, too!

That explains why one of my Favorite Sellers, who used to carry magazines, is now selling Power Tools instead.

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
Well, there's always Gunbroker. Be nice to be able to find a good selection of accessories there. I've looked over their holsters a couple of times and all I saw was military or flap stuff. Be great for collectors.

The last 3 guns I've gotten were from a small local shop. 2 from his stock and 1 that he ordered for me. Now my ammo and other accessories get ordered online. Much better selection and good prices. He and I talk some about stuff and I frequently find deals about as good as he can with his FFL discount!

Steelheart

·
Super Moderator
34,949 Posts
Gunbroker, I went there and searched ".38 special brass". Now, .38 special is about the most common brass on ebay. I got three hits. One was a good deal, but three hits? I think gunbroker might grow, now, though.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
http://sporting-goods.search-desc.ebay.com/45-brass_Hunting_W0QQcatrefZC12QQfclZ3QQfcolZshipQ2doffQQfromZR10QQfrppZ200QQfsooZ2QQfsopZ3QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQftsZ2QQsabfmtsZ1QQsacatZ7301QQsaprchiZQQsaprcloZQQsatitleZQ2e45Q20brass

Follow the above link and it will take you to the .45cal brass on ebay... Many of the items we want are still being sold on ebay, you just have to be creative and very detailed when searching for them.

Also, Paypal is suppose to have a policy of banning anyone who buys or sells firearms parts using Paypal as a means of payment. Check ar15.com for details, thats where i heard about it awhile back.

·
Super Moderator
34,949 Posts
Screw paypal, I've got Visa.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I think NT has hit on a good point. When EBay discontinues its firearms parts, GunBroker will pick up some of the slack.

I have picked up a few good deals on EBay, most recently on a Nikon scope. However, I may cancel my membership with them and PayPal after this.

Todd

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
I only use my PayPal account when necessary. If I haven't dealt with a given site/vendor before I can use a "virtual account number" that one of my cards have. It is only valid for a month or so and the number is never valid after that. You can look up where you used them for a few years on their system. And, its a free service!

Steelheart

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
PayPal is owned by E-Bay and is anti-gun. You aren't supposed to use PP to purchase any guns even though many do. One of the reasons I try not to use PP.

Steelheart

1 - 17 of 17 Posts