Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to lots of vendors pulling out because the producers asking then not to display or sell assault weapons or high capacity magazines. Vendors and enthusiasts threatening a boycott of the show prompted them to postpone the show indefinitely.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Good Hitem where it pays

·
Registered
9,208 Posts
I hope the others got their table fees back, really hurt the promotors pocketbook because the venue was already paid for.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Excellent. I hope they have ( or not ) event insurance. But I have to wonder of cancellation due to own stupidity is covered in that policy?! I'm thinking - - NOT!!!! Live and learn.

Reactions: Keith4001r and treg

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Due to a change in the original contract I hope all vendors get their money back or file a class action lawsuit to reach that settlement.

Reactions: Keith4001r

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
We need to mobilize ourselves to exert this type of pressure economically and politically on a much broader front. It's time to put others who oppose the 2A and Liberty out of business.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I just love it when idiots put themselves out of business for no good reason!
Talking about "shooting one's self in the foot"!

Or..."cutting off their noses to spite their faces."

·
Registered
545 Posts
See? Us Yankee boys know how to open up a can of financial whoop ass every now and again.

·
Super Moderator
40,690 Posts
What I would really like to see is a list of all the small time vendors that opted out as well. I would be more then glad to shop their web sites for items of interest. I am sure this show keeps most of them in business for the year.

Reactions: TXEric

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I hope that in some small way, we as a collective group, helped make this happen by spreading the word. There are lines being drawn out there and these fools at Reed Exhibitions were foolish enough to cross one of them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I hate seeing events like this cancelled. We need to promote shooting sports and outdoor recreation. But, considering the cause I too am glad to see it happen. I suggest we take a moment and look for forum threads on the internet and see if we can compile a list of vendors who pulled out. I put one on my facebook page earlier this week. Those folks need to know we support them.

Edit: Pittsburgh paper quoted the show promoter as saying the booth fees would be refunded.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories...ow-in-harrisburg-halted-after-boycott-671934/

JB

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I hate seeing events like this cancelled. We need to promote shooting sports and outdoor recreation. But, considering the cause I too am glad to see it happen. I suggest we take a moment and look for forum threads on the internet and see if we can compile a list of vendors who pulled out. I put one on my facebook page earlier this week. Those folks need to know we support them.

JB
Yeah, I hate to see it, too. Especially for the small vendors whose financial year depends so heavily on these events.
However, We absolutely have to present a unified front, and respond when these institutions appear to "toe the company line".
We either stand together, or fall separately.

·
Registered
248 Posts
God save us from assault weapons! Think of the horror if any responsible adult could have one...they do? Only criminals and the mentally ill have caused problems? Less than 4% of murders involved "assault rifles"? Don't confuse me with the truth! Who needs it, the media is on my side! :wacko:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show boycotting vendor list

Here is the wbsite for the orginator of the boycotted show. I did not realize this show
had been running for close to 50 years. So I guess Mr. Reed will have time on his hands
to drink tea with Piers Morgan. Also interesting to see that the venue change decision came
AFTER the no refund date on booth space rental. However the British based promoter did
say that refunds will be given.

Here is the list of vendors, speakers, companies, and dealers I plan to frequent as I need supplies:

ESOS Boycott Supporters | My Northeast OutdoorsMy Northeast Outdoors

Also notice that there is a green link in the top of the paragraph showing a classified section on the website that will go live to the public and be comprised of ONLY vendors who pulled out of the show.

JB

1 - 20 of 24 Posts