Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While browsing EAA's web page, I came accross this interesting offering. I can't figure out what their talking about in regards to the feed system. Evidently, this gun doesn't use a conventional magazine but some sort of reusable tube that encase each round. I'm not smart enought to figure this out. Any ideas on how this works?

http://www.eaacorp.com/witness-fcp-description.html
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
402 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
509 Posts
rainman said:
While browsing EAA's web page, I came accross this interesting offering. I can't figure out what their talking about in regards to the feed system. Evidently, this gun doesn't use a conventional magazine but some sort of reusable tube that encase each round. I'm not smart enought to figure this out. Any ideas on how this works?

http://www.eaacorp.com/witness-fcp-description.html
I do not know about this tube stuff.
The Metal frame Witness is a tough and great shooting defensive pistol!
I would shy away from the polymer version based on the company's description of it and how it feeds.
But I am old fashioned.
The EEA Witness with full metal frame uses magazines, shoots well and is reliable.
Why mess with what they all ready got right?

I say PASS on it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TheBulldog said:
I do not know about this tube stuff.
The Metal frame Witness is a tough and great shooting defensive pistol!
I would shy away from the polymer version based on the company's description of it and how it feeds.
But I am old fashioned.
The EEA Witness with full metal frame uses magazines, shoots well and is reliable.
Why mess with what they all ready got right?

I say PASS on it.
Wasn't really interested in owning one of these. I'm a bit too traditional and like things on my auto's like magazines! Just thought it was a unique concept even though I'm not sure how it works. I am looking for a .45 auto and had a passing interest in the steel Witness but think I'm leaning more towards a Para instead.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
509 Posts
rainman said:
Wasn't really interested in owning one of these. I'm a bit too traditional and like things on my auto's like magazines! Just thought it was a unique concept even though I'm not sure how it works. I am looking for a .45 auto and had a passing interest in the steel Witness but think I'm leaning more towards a Para instead.
Get the witness, It is based on the CZ75 and it is really reliable.
The para is over priced I think But they have ben making them a LONG TIME.
I like the EEA Witness.
My Advice, shoot em both and see what feels better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TheBulldog said:
Get the witness, It is based on the CZ75 and it is really reliable.
The para is over priced I think But they have ben making them a LONG TIME.
I like the EEA Witness.
My Advice, shoot em both and see what feels better.
Had a chance to shoot a compact EAA and found it to be an acceptable semi. Lack of a rail, while a minor point, would be nice to have. Also shot the Para P14-45. I liked the double stack capacity, 14 vs. 10 for the EAA, the weight and the rail were also in the plus column. My only complaint with the Para is that it is LOUD!!. Price wise the EAA for under $400 is a great buy. However the Para can be had for $564 finished in midnight blue or Coyota Brown. Plus, the Para is a bit more traditional in holding to the 1911 style IMO. Both would make nice additions to my collection.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
18,297 Posts
Had a ParaOrdnance P14 for awhile and it was a very nice gun. However, I do prefer the EAA Witness .45. Have two of them! A Blued 1992 Vintage and a newer 2004 Wonder (Silver Grey Tennifer) Finished one. The Blued one has over 18,000 rounds thru it and I still shoot it! Very Reliable and accurate! Very easy to Gunsmith if needed. What's not to like!

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
509 Posts
jwc007 said:
Had a ParaOrdnance P14 for awhile and it was a very nice gun. However, I do prefer the EAA Witness .45. Have two of them! A Blued 1992 Vintage and a newer 2004 Wonder (Silver Grey Tennifer) Finished one. The Blued one has over 18,000 rounds thru it and I still shoot it! Very Reliable and accurate! Very easy to Gunsmith if needed. What's not to like!

Yeah, I like the witness myself, it's simple, fast on the draw and I feel it fits my hands better.
The para, though a great shooter is chunky in the butt end for my tastes.
I guess my 1911 habits get me thinking 1911 when I hold the Para and I am not feeling 1911.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok guys......It appears that, based on your collective endorsements, I need to revisit the .45 selection and take another look at the EAA. I'm heading to the range tomorrow for my weekly therapy and attitude readjustment. I'll check out the EAA again and put a few more rounds down range before making my final decisson. If your going to ask a question on this forum you'd best take the advice of the members to heart ;D.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
509 Posts
hey now,
The both are fine firearms.
I just like the witness better.
It's a sturdy no nonsense get the job done gun to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,043 Posts
I've been eyeballing a 10mm full size Witness at my local dealer. Feels great in the hand.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You have to love how these thread morph. Here I was just trying to find out about some new fangled pistol from EAA to trying to figure out what .45 I need to buy! Seriously though, the Witness is not out of contention. Remember I've only shot the compact version and, in all fairness, need to try the full sized model also. One of the strong positives for the Witness is the adjustable rear sight. For me that's a very major plus. I'll let you all know after tomorrows shoot.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
18,297 Posts
The Standard Model Witnesses only come with fixed Sights, however those can be replaced with adjustables. They are also really in that dovetail and it takes a hydraulic press to remove them, sometimes. Some of the higher cost Match Pistols do come with adjustables, if you really have to have them. Definitely test-fire a full size .45 Witness!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
509 Posts
jwc007 said:
The Standard Model Witnesses only come with fixed Sights, however those can be replaced with adjustables. They are also really in that dovetail and it takes a hydraulic press to remove them, sometimes. Some of the higher cost Match Pistols do come with adjustables, if you really have to have them. Definitely test-fire a full size .45 Witness!
Here here!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I guess I should have been more specific. Adjustable is probably an overstatement. The rear sights are adjustable for windage while the front sights are fixed. At least that's the way the compact was that I shot a few weeks ago.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sure is funny how things happen sometimes. You start a thread and end up spending money. I took your collective advice and revisited the EAA Witness at the range this past Thursday. After shooting it again and listening to what you fine gentleman said in regards to the worthiness of the Witness, I just placed my order for a Witness Elite Match in 45ACP. Gun shop said it would be in Sunday for me to pick up. I’ll give you all a report as soon as I can get to the range and shoot a few hundred rounds.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
509 Posts
rainman said:
Sure is funny how things happen sometimes. You start a thread and end up spending money. I took your collective advice and revisited the EAA Witness at the range this past Thursday. After shooting it again and listening to what you fine gentleman said in regards to the worthiness of the Witness, I just placed my order for a Witness Elite Match in 45ACP. Gun shop said it would be in Sunday for me to pick up. I’ll give you all a report as soon as I can get to the range and shoot a few hundred rounds.
Cool!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
anybody have any info on a 10mm Witness , wonder finish, compact mod.

good / bad / ok. ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
509 Posts
CHEVELLE427 said:
anybody have any info on a 10mm Witness , wonder finish, compact mod.

good / bad / ok. ?
Actually, the witness was originally 9 and 10 mm and the 40 and 45.
All are great firearms.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I can't speak for the 10MM, but if it is anything like the 45ACP it will be a great semi. I've now had the opportunity to put 500+ rounds down the barrel and I've had zero, count them, zero problems and that's shooting reloads!! The Witness is accurate,dependable and afforadable. Can't think of three better reason to buy a gun.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top