Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to shoot one today at the range,The weight was perfect for calming down 158 gr soft points,I held 4 inch groupings at 25 yards and since my friend wants to hunt with it this year I gave my approval of a good firearm less expensive and handled full house loads . Gotta get me one for myself !

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
EAA Windicator is a nice shooter.The only thing I don't like about the revolver is the grips.

·
22,317 Posts
The only negative I've ever read was easily chalked up to user error. I view them as a solid, rugged .357. Not bad looking in some ways either.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Weihrauch made some excellent revolvers in the last 50 years. Their Arminius line has always been inexpensive but very well made. I consider the HW9, a six round match revolver, as an excellent gun; sturdy and accurate. Those guns are really very underrated. Weihrauch uses Lothar Walther barrels and it does not get much better, or where do you think most premium gun manufacturers and custom shops are getting their barrels from?

·
Premium Member
11,076 Posts
Saw a four inch model for sale recently, but they wanted $500 bucks for it. For that revolver, that's just a bit too rich. Good solid roscoe though. I used to have one of the snubbies, but it grew legs and walked off when I was at a construction site.

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
I don't see any of them around my area anymore. The old Gander Outdoors used to get them in at times, but that place closed down over a year ago.

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Other than being 'aesthetically challenged', I've never seen any issues with the Windicators. I know a few folks that have one and they all seem to enjoy them.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
The only negative I've ever read was easily chalked up to user error. I view them as a solid, rugged .357. Not bad looking in some ways either.
Not bad looking I agree,just don't take the grips off.

Reactions: MARINEDIVISIONTWO

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have a choice today,Get the Windicator for $ 419,and 357 mag ammo at $ 50 a box or a Bersa 380 for $ 319 and 380 ammo at $ 32 a box . My choice ,Whats your choice ?

·
Registered
13,951 Posts
If your going to go, GO BIG!!
Plus, if pushed for what's available in ammo selection the Windicator will do 38spl also...correct?

·
Registered
888 Posts
Buy the gun leave the ammo. It looks good to me and it should not be difficult to change the grip.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts