Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been looking for the "Right" holster for me for my Ruger P95 and a nice Duty Belt, Now my Mother bought me a Don Hume Nylon one but its 2 1/2" wide and alot of "Slide On" holsters don't have slits cut that wide. So today I came across this site.

Quality USA Handcrafted Belts - Bullhide, Bridle Leather, Elephant, Shark, Double Prong

They have whats called the "Indestructible" belt. That does not bend or crease and is easy to clean, it can also stand up to 6000psi of stretching pressure which means you could tow a truck with this belt.. They also are coming out with minimalist type holsters especially for this belt in a week or so. In black and brown leather and with and without the thumb break, also there will be 2 styles of thumb breaks, one is the "Over The Hammer" and one is "Around The Front" of the slide. The belt is $65 and has a lifetime replacement warranty and the Holster will have their standard 3 year warranty like their other leather products. I spoke with the owner of the company and he is a very nice guy and a 2A supporter and carry's a 1911 (not sure which maker) and the company locations are both in Ohio. Also the "Indestructible" belt is made right here is the USA and is made from materials that "NASA" uses in space suites and other stuff they make.

I am still looking for a Holster that will fit my Ruger P95, I like the Don Hume H717 one but the gun won't fit H717_web_LRG.jpg << something like this with a Snap or Velcro thumb break ....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Try SERPA, they make comfortable locking holsters( duty belts) that have a release button in front of the trigger guard, no more breaking your grip for a thumb snap. It is the most ergonomic holster there is, light, well made. The placement of the release button means you just draw and fire. expensive (about $50) but worth every penny. They make them to fit every major manufacturers of fire arms. I have one for my American Tactical .45 Titan. No thumb snap allows for much faster draws and target acquisition. I have beat the crap out of mine, still works perfectly.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Duty belts are made for just that, duty. Great if you're in Law enforcement. For concealed carry, not a good idea. Thats why the majority of holsters made for concealed carry don't fit. A good sturdy leather belt in "normal" widths is your best bet.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
look at Spec-ops branded "better BDU belt" made in various widths and colors and relatively cheap ~$20. I have one in tan for when I'm in uniform and one in black for my EDC belt. Stays cinched and very stiff, but still comfortable.

Also stay away from Serpa, anything that uses your trigger finger in or around the trigger guard area in a draw is a bad idea. Just google or youtube search "Serpa fail".

Take a look at hideous holters . com or any other kydex holster maker, it's friction fit only, but I guarantee you your gun will not fall out. I can put my pt1911 in one and shake the hell out of it upside down and the weapon doesn't move or shift.

·
Super Moderator
36,003 Posts
I shoot IPSC matches and got tired of threading my kydex OWB holster and mag pouches on my regular belt. I found a 2 1/2 reinforced duty belt at my local Mil Surplus store for 12.00 and was overjoyed. The holster/pouches fit really tight, in fact I had to loosen the screws to get them on and in position, but they will not move for certain. Last match one of the old timers said I either needed to thread it though my belt loops on my jeans or attach it to a velcro "liner" belt that is through the loops. The duty belt has a velcro "fuzzy" inside and so I am now searching for a "hook" on the outside liner belt. I have an email question in to these guys to see if this particular belt fits that specification. They have a lot of other belts and seem reasonably priced.

Blackhawk Web Duty Belt w/ Velcro

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I don't nessesarily need the Duty Belt for EDC, but my mother did buy it for me so I guess I should use it in some way.. I like the idea of a pre-formed holster that won't stretch or snap after heavy usage, I am gonna get that "Indestrucable" belt and try it, it does have a lifetime warrenty... and I would like more than one holster because I may want to wear something one day and a different one another... Theres so many different ones out there, so confusing....

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Well I don't nessesarily need the Duty Belt for EDC, but my mother did buy it for me so I guess I should use it in some way...
Definitely use the belt that your dear Mother bought you. :rolleyes:

I know you don't want to hurt her feelings.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I carried my P95 in a Serpa for the last year (until I switched to carrying my 24/7 G2 9mm:D). Very comfortable, easy to draw from. The only thing I didn't invest in was a good belt. I would recommend a 1-1/2" GUN belt. Strong enough to carry the weight of the gun, and the 1-1/2" belt will fit through most belt loops. And as MilProGuy said, find a use for the belt your mother gave you, definitely don't want to hurt Moms feelings! :)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I carried my P95 in a Serpa for the last year (until I switched to carrying my 24/7 G2 9mm:D). Very comfortable, easy to draw from. The only thing I didn't invest in was a good belt. I would recommend a 1-1/2" GUN belt. Strong enough to carry the weight of the gun, and the 1-1/2" belt will fit through most belt loops. And as MilProGuy said, find a use for the belt your mother gave you, definitely don't want to hurt Moms feelings! :)
6000 PSI of stretch resistance isn't enough to hold a 28oz gun? that "Indestructible" belt seems like a belt that can look good and hold up a gun, as well as tow a truck and be used as a rope descender or "Belay" device.. haha just saying...

I get what you're saying though a tough belt with little stretch is good for a holster, not many "Leather" belts have a lifetime warrenty though... besides if it doesn't work I'll just buy another one that you guys recommend.. You can never have too many belts IMHO...

I still haven't found a way I can wear that Duty Belt though, it doesn't fit so good threw my belt loops (I thought it would though, but 2 1/2" is a bit hard to get threw them) and as someone stated you can't really hide a "Tactical" belt when in public unless its under a shirt and up around your armpits... lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts