Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
That's a real beauty!

I imagine they should sell quite a few at that price.

·
Registered
36,019 Posts
Thats what they go for here, 599.99 IF you can find one in stock!
A couple gun shops I can get them for about 569.99 plus tax, but again you just never see a duo-tone 1911 here.
I bought mine several years back for 600 bucks out the door, i think it may very well be the best looking Taurus that i own, very attractive gun.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
That sure is a beauty!

Does anyone ever show off their Glocks? Just wondering.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I still kick myself for passing on a used Duo-Tone PT1911. I Could have had it for $510 OTD, with the case and 3 mags. I didn't realize how good of a deal it was until it was gone :(

BK

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Thats what they go for here, 599.99 IF you can find one in stock!
A couple gun shops I can get them for about 569.99 plus tax, but again you just never see a duo-tone 1911 here.
I bought mine several years back for 600 bucks out the door, i think it may very well be the best looking Taurus that i own, very attractive gun.
I couldn't agree more Sir

Reactions: stickem2

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Right now I have my eye on an ATI Tactical in Commander size (4.25" barrel) for $399 at my LGS.

·
Registered
36,019 Posts
Here in smyrna, ga at Adventure outdoors they have the duo tone for $429 + tax. We bought two!
and at that price you should have as well!!

·
Registered
36,019 Posts
Right now I have my eye on an ATI Tactical in Commander size (4.25" barrel) for $399 at my LGS.
and why might I ask do you not have that gun at home cleaning it right now???
better not let me wander in there before you get back!-LOL
AND why does your LGS not have any specials listed for JAN or FEB?

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Larry hasn't got back from the SHOT show in Las Vegas yet. I walked in there yesterday and there were fewer people in there than at any time since Obama's inauguration. Everyone is waiting for Larry to get back with the great deals he picked up at the SHOT show. Last year it was the Taurus PT-1911AL, PT-92 AFS (combat finish) and the Kimber Solo.

And to answer your question, I'm waiting to see what Larry brings back too. It could be the new SA XD Slim in .45 Auto for some ridiculous price.

·
Registered
36,019 Posts
apparently the kimber Solo has hit the shelves again, my local range just got 10 of them in, priced in the mid 700's I think they said.
hope Larry comes back with some nice blue no rail, no gold Pt1911's in 38 Super for about 200 bucks each!-LOL

Reactions: Willboat

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
LOL, last year he came back with the Solo at $600 but the waiting list got very big as they only delivered about a dozen.

I see CDNN has the .38 Super polished blue pimp gun (with a rail) for $399 again. You do know you could just strip to plating and blue the parts, but the rail I guess is the hangup. Special pricing may mean those .38 Special 1911 pimp guns are a one time production run.

·
Registered
36,019 Posts
LOL, last year he came back with the Solo at $600 but the waiting list got very big as they only delivered about a dozen.

I see CDNN has the .38 Super polished blue pimp gun (with a rail) for $399 again. You do know you could just strip to plating and blue the parts, but the rail I guess is the hangup. Special pricing may mean those .38 Special 1911 pimp guns are a one time production run.
yea the Gold isn't the problem, i can get rid of that easily, but that rail, I spent an entire day at Inman yards ( train yard) and still couldn't learn to like rails!
I may have to break down and get one though, of course RIA does make 38 Super as well!

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Maybe if you put a disco ball out on that rail, you could channel your inner John Travolta?

·
Registered
36,019 Posts
Maybe if you put a disco ball out on that rail, you could channel your inner John Travolta?
Well of course the PT1911 whether it has gold and a rail or just a Plain Jane the most important thing is when you need it then it will let you keep "Staying Alive, Staying Alive"-he-he-he

-------------------------------------------:icon_ lala:-------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
OMG, I'm trying to hold my sides in so I don't get a hernia from laughing so hard.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts