Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We bought my 13 year old son a iphone 5s for Christmas. But gave it to him early as we switched providers to take advantage of a great deal:
2 Iphone 5s for a penny each when activationg a plan.

So, we didn't want to pay for two plans at one time and blah, blah, blah and so forth.

So anyways, as he is active in school sports and orchestra, my wife wasn't about to let him be doing this without a phone.

Since he has a new iphone, he gave me his ipod touch as he can do both in one with the new phone.

Okay, here's what I am getting at: I had to have him delete or remove about 15 different apps such as facetime, tewwt, twat, snapchat, goggletalk or something like that, at least 3 texting apps, two phone as long as you have wifi apps and some kind of message thing that you can only send pictures on and once the viewer sees them, they self delete after 10 seconds or so. ( The IRS should have used that! )

So basically, he wanted to know what I was going to use his mobile music device for. I said: "To listen to music when I am mobile." Probably when nothing on the truck radio or while cutting grass. Maybe while target shooting.

So, am I out of touch or what?

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
NO, you are just a typical dad who is a little challenged when it comes to these things.:D:D:D

Reactions: TheOldRedneck

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
and some kind of message thing that you can only send pictures on and once the viewer sees them, they self delete after 10 seconds or so. ( The IRS should have used that! )
Don't give them any ideas.:smile:

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
iPod touch, I have had one for years, started just listening to music, then started messing around with the apps out there.

You know all those darn reward cards you carry around to get the best price at stores? Check out app CardStar, you store them all there and don't have to carry them around with you.

Want a basic shot timer for while at the range? Check out Free Shot Timer app.

All kinds of free apps out there, just start looking around.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Yup, you're like the rest of us, Old.

Oh and to echo what the Fish said, lots of free stuff out there. Haven't paid for a single app .......yet

You might want to do a "Factory Restore" on that thing to get the memory wiped clean and all of it available to you. Apple's likes to fill up with crap stored in a category called Other, which you can't free up without doing the restore.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have to admit..... I am pretty impressed with my son's taste in music: "Man of constant sorrow" REO Speedwagon's Take it on the run, Journey, Metallica, a bunch of country songs, Johnny Cash's One piece at a time.

His taste is just like mine: He'll listen to any genre and just likes all kinds of songs.

·
Registered
19,168 Posts
I am a low tech man in a high tech world..My flip phone works when needed..:rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
I am a low tech man in a high tech world..My flip phone works when needed..:rolleyes:
Amen!! I-what??Apple-who?? The young-uns have us runnin' when it comes to technology!:D

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
I have been tied to something electronic from the time beepers came out. The first ones only beeped and you called an answering service to see who wanted what. I swore that when I retired if someone wanted me they would have to come find me. I lied, got an i phone and hooked. My trusty lap top I used for programmable controls and energy management was slowly retired. Changed to android phones and now use one for everything. Should use a computer but have not turned one on in over 3 years. Logged off day I retired and have got by with just a phone. Don't even use most of what it will do. Old guys and technology can exist together.

·
Registered
29,757 Posts
I have had an iPhone for years, it really is a great price of technology and as others have said there are plenty of free apps.

Not saying that you are old and out of touch or anything but my daughter got her iPod touch at 4 or 5 years old :D:D:D :p:p :icon_ poke::icon_ poke::icon_ rasta::tongue:

harassment aside, have fun with the new toy!

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have had an iPhone for years, it really is a great price of technology and as others have said there are plenty of free apps.

Not saying that you are old and out of touch or anything but my daughter got her iPod touch at 4 or 5 years old :D:D:D :p:p :icon_ poke::icon_ poke::icon_ rasta::tongue:

harassment aside, have fun with the new toy!

I found out that, when my son was 5 years old, he could click the mouse on my computer twice and undo something that took me 4 hours to do.

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
Isn't it amazing that you can fit 325lbs of vinyl records worth of music in such a small device? :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts