Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Posting here after a long time!

I was looking at 380 ACP pistols and came across the Taurus DT Integral in .380. The catalog says this has a capacity of 15 + 1. Does anyone own one of these?

Also, does this have the safety/decock like most other Taurii? Boils down to this vs the Bersa Thunder .380ACP

·
Registered
10,781 Posts
I've never even seen one in real life. It would appear that they are just now being released on the market. As such, I couldn't hope to tell you anything about them. I DO own the Taurus PT58, and PT58HC, though. They are metal framed guns, highly accurate, and sturdy.

I also noted that Taurus is now going to produce an extended magazine for the PT709, too. That should help with big-handed people's shooting.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I think they are still pretty much a pipe dream. At least I'm signed up for a number of "in stock" notifications and have not received any notices. Do not overlook the Millennium Pro PT138, it is a heck of a self defense pistol. It was dropped from the 2012 catalog but they are available in the various finishes. Spare magazines are also available. It is a very sweet conceal carry handgun.

·
32,481 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just picked up a PT 638 myself and although I've not put a lot of rounds through it yet, it's been reliable and accurate so far.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Even though I have no need for one at the present moment, I sure do like the looks of the DT. However, if I were choosing to go between it or the Bersa you mentioned, I would go with the Bersa -- particularly the Thunder CC or maybe the Thunder Combat. Several members here have Thunder variants, and they swear by them.......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts