Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a PT145 Pro, 3rd Gen that I have dry fired on several occasions without the benefit of snap caps. I recently found out that Taurus says dry firing is bad for the weapon. I think this should have stood out more in the manual as it is common for people to dry fire. Being an owner of GLOCKS and SIGs, I ass-u-med that the Taurus would be on the same quality level. Even after all the dry firing, it has performed flawlessly. I have since ordered some snap caps, however. Is this a real issue of potential harm to the weapn or just a general statement Taurus puts in the manual? It would seem to me that the PT145 Pro is durable enough to dry fire.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Drewbacca said:
Any time your "use" something it's bad for the gun. So for the sake of argument, just breathing is "bad" for your lungs. That being said, it's a $350 gun...does it really matter? You're not clicking away at your Ed Brown or anything.
I actually got a much better deal than $350. ;D As someone who depends on the reliability of a weapon everyday, it does matter. I don't think anyone would want to put more wear and tear on something that wasn't necessary, especially if it is a tool that may be called upon to save your life. There is a difference between breathing and smoking.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.