·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Do you have pink grips for the Tea Parties? :D

Reactions: sswicho

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Question: Do you shoot them or just look at them? :D Serioulsly though, I do both with my pistols, and they are just plain jane black models! :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
umm of coarse i shoot it! i shoot all my guns!
except my colt woodsman! i dont take it out as much as i should cuz its so accurate it spoils me!
i put 50 thru the pt yesterday 230 gr. aguila's with out a hickup, flawles
Photo0367.jpg 15yrds

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh ya! now where cook with mesquite!! them some nice diamond backs!! never had the pleasure of holding any...how do u like the feel of em?

·
Administrator
40,160 Posts
Now this, is dressin' for the BBQ!
They're fine for show and conversation, but I don't recommend them for everyday and range use. They can be easily damaged by sharp objects and hand oils. Same with a good pair of snakeskin boots. I don't take them to the range either! :D

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
umm of coarse i shoot it! i shoot all my guns!
except my colt woodsman! i dont take it out as much as i should cuz its so accurate it spoils me!
i put 50 thru the pt yesterday 230 gr. aguila's with out a hickup, flawles
View attachment 26094 15yrds
Fantastic! Good to see that you are enjoying your 1911s in the way that John Browning intended!!! :D

·
Registered
29,777 Posts
Ahh the 1911 a versatile creature; She can dress for an extravagant night out in high society or for enjoying some burnt ends and cold beer!

·
Super Moderator
40,613 Posts
Those are some nice grips, thought about dressing my 1911 up, :confused: and then I thought $80.00 will buy me 1000 230 gr LRN bullets to reload. I went with the bullets. :D I can always come here and look at the nice grips. :drool:

·
Registered
29,944 Posts
...I just borrow the wife's "Foo-Foo" gun for BBQ's.

It goes equally well with Cowboy Boots or Flip Flops on the beach...

·
Registered
624 Posts
Ahh the 1911 a versatile creature; She can dress for an extravagant night out in high society or for enjoying some burnt ends and cold beer!
Yea but she's really undressed with out a skirt, put on a Smith & Alexander magwell and she'll be real easy to put the load up in her when no ones watching, and why not give her some surgery and give her a dimple (CSSSP)and make her real sexy.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
nice! and its on my list!!
I was thinking of a compensator but wondered id they actually do anything:rolleyes:.... arent they just mainly curb appeal?
dont find mine kicking that hard where a brake would be needed, and i really dont think they do anything for accuracy, or do they? fill me in!!

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
I was thinking of a compensator but wondered id they actually do anything:rolleyes:.... arent they just mainly curb appeal?
dont find mine kicking that hard where a brake would be needed, and i really dont think they do anything for accuracy, or do they? fill me in!!
The accuracy factor is debatable, as most don't really have extra grooves like a barrel to allow longer spin-up of the round. The gases behind it are redirected to usually force the gun down and minimize recoil, some insist that it increases accuracy. I'm more of the opinion that it allows for slightly faster target acquisition at best. But that's only if you have problems with the recoil. Chrono numbers from my 945 should be lower than we'll say a commander size 1911 shooting the same ammo, my 945 has a ported barrel, which will cause the velocity to drop lower than that of a compensated 1911.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hmm, i can see that with a barrel that has hole or a comp/brake cut in, but if it just a bushing type that goes round the 1911 barrel, do you think it does affect the velocity or stablizing the spin? i always fugure they just get u back on target faster, and that was it! a friend had one on his, but it didnt do nothing for his accuracy!!

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
Yeah, getting back on target easier would be the only aid i find from them. But at the same time, they don't make someone with bad aim shoot better. Cosmetically they look cool, but that's about it as far as usefulness goes i think.

·
Registered
624 Posts
There is a big difference between a compensated barrel and a bushing compensator, as I've experienced the comp barrel reduces muzzle lift and reduces recoil by at least 50% if ran with 155gr hot rounds to take advantage of the gasses and equalize recoil, it also feels like your shotting a 380 acp, as oppose to what I've read that the bushing comp just adds wight to the front of the barrel, and it's more of a cool factor compared to a real barrel comp.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts