Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know anything about DPMS AR-15'S? Looked at one seems to be well made,but no expert.Checked out web site have a lot of offerings.Thanks.

·
Administrator
18,113 Posts
Several of my friends have them with NO complaints. I recently built an M4 variant for a shooting buddy on a DPMS reciever with no problems and the gun runs great! If I build another one, I would not hesitate to get another DPMS reciever or lower.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
They are fairly new on the block compared to other AR makers They got their start in the 90's The AR's Ive seen from them are great and they were the ones who had different color handguards from pink, they also had all white funiture on one of their line and they called it the arctic cat. I built a rifle with their lower parts kit on an Olympic arms lower reciever and I lost count of how many rounds I put through that.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The DPMS web site,they offer .204 Ruger,.308,and other calibers.The gun shop had what I think is a reasonable price of $750 for a .223 .

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
If its new that does sound like a reasonable price. Don't forget to order a bunch of mags in you do get as as they're likely on the Dem. hit list after the election.

The some of the best prices I've found are here: http://www.cdnnsports.com/ I've ordered from them and had good service. Gotta love their flat shipping rate.

Steelheart

·
Registered
539 Posts
CDNN is a great resource to check when buying a gun or gear; some of their unadvertised prices are killer; good choice to always call & check just in case.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I defintly wil have to have some mags.Anyone ever use the drums?If enough Dems get in I fear a Marlin bolt action will be banned.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
If you look at the price per drum, its not worth it (except as a toy) vs the same money spent on more conventional mags.

Steelheart

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Oh if you head over to AR-15.com they have comparisons to other ARs there. The only problem is they don't have every manufacturer of AR-15's listed. A good Ar for the money is Olympic arms I built two of their rifles with no complaints. Also another Brand I've worked with extensively is Bushmaster, and the only ones better than Bushmaster is Armalite, but they want way too much money for them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts